News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

I can't get past Jason Isbell for the last 6 months.  This is songwriting.  The guy is actually a pretty a amazing slide player as well, if you get hankering to check him out. 

Maybe this one?

Jonathan

culturejam

Been digging on Pillars of Fire and also Plini lately. Pillars is like super-heavy guitar god stuff, while Plini is like prog guitar god stuff.

Here's one of the Plini EPs I've been listening to:

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

davent

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on January 16, 2014, 07:11:58 PM

I can't get past Jason Isbell for the last 6 months.  This is songwriting.  The guy is actually a pretty a amazing slide player as well, if you get hankering to check him out. 

Maybe this one?

I've got pretty much everything released by Drive by Truckers and to me the strongest albums are those with Jason Isbell, Decoration Day being a high point of those, great song! Good to read the other day that he's got his life back in check and moving forward nicely.

I'm assuming that's his wife playing fiddle?
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Cortexturizer

You know what I love as well. JESU. Please tell me guys you love Jesu.

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

davent

One of the first 45's i ever bought, (7" (17.78cm) round piece-a vinyl with a big hole) Fortunate Son by CCR. Still rocks hard... of course hitching your train to Dave Grohl doesn't hurt.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

Been listening to Earth's Bees album, and it strikes me that if they ever make a movie out of Stephen King's "Gunslinger" books, this is totally the album they need for the OST.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

I don't know where the accent is from, but it's pretty funny. One of the good bits is talking about the pawn sho--er, gee-tar store.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Cortexturizer on January 17, 2014, 03:39:37 PM
You know what I love as well. JESU. Please tell me guys you love Jesu.

HUGE fan here. I simply love the self-titled 2005 album. Brings back some good memories from the first time I heard it. Typing this as I am listening to it. :0

alanp

- Terry Pratchett
My website

jubal81

Heard this in Wolf of Wall Street and had to look it up.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

angrykoko

this one is doing it for me while I write my webservice code today.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: angrykoko on January 30, 2014, 12:32:36 PM
this one is doing it for me while I write my webservice code today.

Elder has some great tracks.

AntKnee

Queens
of
the
Stone
I can't get enough. Love their stuff.

I like the two latest Alice In Chains albums. Their new singer fits in well. Im going to see them at Austin City Limits Live in April. Can't wait.
On the other end of the spectrum I really like Keane. Saw them live recently and it was amazing. Their singer has a great voice and sounds really good live.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Gledison

Quote from: jubal81 on January 25, 2014, 09:14:01 PM
Heard this in Wolf of Wall Street and had to look it up.

Heyyy! I liked that!!
what about the movie? is it good?
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

flanagan0718

The Used: Artwork
A Static Lullaby: Rattlesnake
Hands Like Houses: Ground Dweller
Dance Gavin Dance: Downtown Battle Mountain II