News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Quote from: chromesphere on March 27, 2014, 06:45:00 PM
Edit: Ill take this thread title literally and post what im listening to at this moment.  I like doom, still not sure about this band though, might take some time to get used to the tempo.  Slow even for doom if you ask me:

Edit again: If you make it past the first 30 seconds you get a prize

This is bloody brilliant. Sounds like it belongs in Earth's "Phase 3" album!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

This is a good 'un. I was wondering what all the other instruments in the background were for until the end.

flanagan0718

Don't know why but this song popped into my head this morning. Now it won't leave!

midwayfair

Saw him tonight in their normal trio configuration ... it's getting tougher and tougher to see him for free (for good reason). Probably my favorite male local singer. I can't express how jealous I am of his voice.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Clayford

Unless you're from around here, this won't make much sense. The last thing I listened/watched on YouTube...

That said if I were a church with a $250,000 effigy of Jesus that was stuck by lightning, I'm not too sure I'd rebuild it... 
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

upthepunxxx

The new mezingers record
The new chuck ragan record
Choking victim - no gods no managers
ZZ Top - duguello
The new against me!
Wake up and smell the noise!!

neiloler

I've been revisiting old-ish Goo Goo Dolls. For all the sappy ballad stuff they're now known for (some of which I dig too, I'm secure enough to admit it ;) ), the Superstar Carwash / A Boy Named Goo era had some straight up tones.

I've also been listening to a lot of Matt Pond PA, Morning Parade, and The Gaslight Anthem.
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

selfdestroyer

Have been building all morning to some old Cocteau Twins. I remember in Highschool I would go weeks with listening to nothing but Cocteau Twins. I am still a huge fan... I mean.. Who doesn't like Maj7 chords and delay, chorus and reverb.

Cody

davent

In my favourite cd store in Toronto his afternoon looking for a cd by an Australian artist who's on a compiltion my wife brought home,  can't remember her name but know her last name starts with 'b'. Go through the 'b's nothing but i do have her name written in my notebook... if i can find it. Eventually find the misplaced book find her name take a step towards the counter to inquire and bang... from the shop speakers the song from the compilation... how do these things happen?

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

miter53

Quote from: midwayfair on May 16, 2014, 09:01:41 PM

Saw him tonight in their normal trio configuration ... it's getting tougher and tougher to see him for free (for good reason). Probably my favorite male local singer. I can't express how jealous I am of his voice.

+1...great voice! Thanks, I had never heard of him.
"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

selfdestroyer

Building to this album tonight, I'm not sure if there are many fans in these parts.

Back when Vinnie Paz was still good. lol

Cody

das234