News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

RobA

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

RobA

I couldn't watch the second Frisell vid either. I'd be interested to know what it was.

This one is great,
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

alanp

Quote from: RobA on August 01, 2014, 10:13:14 PM
I'm only 5 minutes in, but I'm not sure "there's a tune in it."

Hah, you type to someone who likes both Autechre and Motorhead. I never claimed to be consistent in my musical likes.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

RobA

Quote from: alanp on August 01, 2014, 10:17:35 PM
Quote from: RobA on August 01, 2014, 10:13:14 PM
I'm only 5 minutes in, but I'm not sure "there's a tune in it."

Hah, you type to someone who likes both Autechre and Motorhead. I never claimed to be consistent in my musical likes.
:D, I'm at 12 minutes in now. I think there's a tune there. It's just very slow. I think I'm going to have to find the lyrics though. The pace is too much for my aging brain to remember the words from the beginning of a line to the end.

Edit: Finished listening now. It takes a bit to settle in to the sonic beating, but I enjoyed the whole thing really.  The last track is really nice.

micromegas

Quote from: RobA on August 01, 2014, 10:16:03 PM
I couldn't watch the second Frisell vid either. I'd be interested to know what it was.

This one is great,

Quote from: alanp on August 01, 2014, 08:46:48 PM
The second clip, OTOH, is not available "in your country". I've never understood the rationale behind that -- all I get is this xenophobic "We kant let dem faahners a-listen tah AUR mooo-sic!"

It is the preview of his new CD, lets see if this one works fine:
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

brejna

Quote from: RobA on August 01, 2014, 10:16:03 PM

This one is great,

Big like!
Thanks for sharing this..

irmcdermott

Another big Frisell fan here.

One of my favorites of him. I could sit down and listen to him tell stories and play guitar all day long

And that Carr Sportsman... sheesh.

alanp

Ordered a few Drive-By Truckers albums. (_Decoration Day_, _Southern Rock Opera_, and _The Dirty South_), based on the songs linked in this thread.

I love how the songs linked create a vivid scene in your mind, of the rough man cooking hooch in the woods with the Man after him, of the priestly vicar preaching in the town, with an abused wife behind him. Music should be more than just another shallow bubblegum love song.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

davent

^ Alan, you chose very well... enjoy!

Hood often writes of these really really nasty characters doing bad things and writes them in the first person.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

the3secondrule

today was a Sleater Kinney day

I think I listened to this album all the way through 3 times in a row this afternoon ;D

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

juansolo

Love this (from the Sound City soundtrack). I just want Reznor, Homme and Grohl to do a project/album together if this is the sort of thing they can come up with. You can hear all three's very distinctive input into the track and it's just bloody brilliant.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

selfdestroyer

Picked up This album today and I am really enjoying it.

Cody

alanp

Earth's track "Andromeda 1" from _Split with KK Null_ would make a Magos from the Adeptus Mechanicus jizz. It's even more non-organic than late Autechre.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?