News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 22, 2014, 09:48:42 PM

I'm really digging these guys, what a cool sound they have all around. 
Good one cody.. bad for my wallet thought.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

m-Kresol

Any Interpol-Fans here? The new album came out today (at least in Europe). I really enjoy their unique sound that kinda stayed similar over 12 years now. I often find that when bands change their style/genre I tend to not enjoy them as much. I have to state one statement of a local radio station though: "it's weird how little you hear/feel the absence of Carlos D." (their former bassist)
Anyhow, here's the first spin-off:

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

micromegas

Quote from: jubal81 on September 09, 2014, 12:43:33 PM
Good stuff, Micro. I dig that quite a bit.  8)

Thanks Jason, I'm putting together a youtube list called "Música para soldar" (Soldering Music) with lots of psychodelic and stoner rock. I'll share it here once finished :)

selfdestroyer

Micro, you might like these guys..They just came out with a great live album also. I really dig them. I still can't believe this album is from 2012.

Cody

micromegas

Quote from: selfdestroyer on September 10, 2014, 04:23:08 AM
Micro, you might like these guys..They just came out with a great live album also. I really dig them. I still can't believe this album is from 2012.

Cody

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give them a listening this evening (I need to prepare some boxes for etching  :P).

Other guys I'm digging a lot lately are Causa Sui (from Denmark). I love their infinite jams :)

dont-tase-me-bro

Jean Shepherd's radio show from the 60s - he's the basis for A Christmas Story (Ralphie, BB gun).  It's on archive.org.  Pretty funny, interesting glimpse on life in the US, 50 years ago.  And tons of hilarious cigarette and beer commercials.
I thought this would save me money.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

micromegas

Quote from: culturejam on September 10, 2014, 01:27:13 PM
These guys rock.

Yep, infinite jams in the sand, is like a dream.

Continuing the subject, you should check this guys too:

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

Listening to Incubus S.C.I.E.N.C.E , that album will always sound refreshing to my ears i think.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

brucer

BLMS's (no affiliation except customer) Lawrence Scaduto sent out a mailing list link this morning for his song-a-month album "TUFF NOOGIES": http://youtu.be/no9S0TYGXYw

I had no idea what to expect, but I'm really liking it!  I guess he's not just about great service!

lincolnic

The new Deerhoof song is awesome. Has some catchy and impressive riffage too.