News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

One man, one guitar and a tape echo with a song called Big Muff circa 1978... just brilliant, belongs in here.

Saw John Martyn in a dingy basement club in Toronto in the early '80's.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

brucer

Sure there's cheesy nostalgia at work, but I bet you tap your feet!

Nice to see them pull it off live, but Jeff Lynne was always a pretty ace producer.

Gradually working my way through the concert ...

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

sonarchotic

Quote from: davent on December 20, 2014, 09:28:18 PM
One man, one guitar and a tape echo with a song called Big Muff circa 1978... just brilliant, belongs in here.

Saw John Martyn in a dingy basement club in Toronto in the early '80's.

Very cool! I dig the duct taped pickup too ;D

RobA

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

10 years ago from this day, one of my favorite musician/songwritter passed away...

Sure it's just swedish grindcore... but they carried a lot with them.

RIP Mieszko  :(

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

trustybs

Can't stop listening to this song since a couple of days

SmoothAction

Good stuff, this thread is.

I just discovered this band about two weeks ago and they quickly rose to the top of my playlist. The guitar player, Josh Martin, is incredible. You can listen to all their songs at their website. http://www.littletybee.com/

Here's a youtube vid. I'm through and through a metal/heavy rock/classic rock/stoner dude by nature, but I think traveling around in a hippy bus as a child with my parents to Grateful Dead and bluegrass shows is starting to come to light. The guitar player reminds me of this new wave of techy prog-metal players, but he does it in a way that melds really well with this folky/rippin' stuff. Basically everything I like in a cute, well defined package. Enjoy!

davent

Standout from one of the interesting comps my wife gave me for Christmas.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

This might sound heretical, but lately I'm finding Trent Reznor's later releases (_The_Slip_, _With_Teeth_, _Hesitation_Marks_) more interesting than his earlier stuff.

I also find the same for Lynyrd Skynyrd, their more rockier/heavier stuff appeals more than the countrified stuff that gets constant airtime.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GermanCdn

I am on an (albeit indirect) George Lynch kick these days, as KXM is still heavy in rotation for me (though I think George brings the least to that trio, Ray Luzier and Dug Pinnick just seem to lock in for the entire project), and Sweet&Lynch is getting some serious play (but I can't watch any of their videos, Michael is by far my favourite singer ever, but the guy looks so awkward when he shoots a vid). 
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

selfdestroyer

mmlee

Quote from: SmoothAction on December 27, 2014, 12:37:07 PM
Good stuff, this thread is.

I just discovered this band about two weeks ago and they quickly rose to the top of my playlist. The guitar player, Josh Martin, is incredible. You can listen to all their songs at their website. http://www.littletybee.com/

Here's a youtube vid. I'm through and through a metal/heavy rock/classic rock/stoner dude by nature, but I think traveling around in a hippy bus as a child with my parents to Grateful Dead and bluegrass shows is starting to come to light. The guitar player reminds me of this new wave of techy prog-metal players, but he does it in a way that melds really well with this folky/rippin' stuff. Basically everything I like in a cute, well defined package. Enjoy!

I enjoyed that, time to check some others.

Cheers!
>Marcus