News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrtyska9

Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 15, 2015, 07:21:47 PM
I know this ain't the cup of tea of many... 'nyway.. groovy!

I'll see your Dying Fetus and raise with Beneath the Massacre! ;)
Richard

miter53

"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

flanagan0718

One of my favorite bands newest releases.

Band: Funeral For A Friend
Song: Pencil Pusher
Album: Chapter And Verse

komigenie

blearyeyes

selfdestroyer

Had this EP on a few times today at work. Really love this track.

Cody

selfdestroyer

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 17, 2015, 04:23:05 PM
My Son Andy:
https://soundcloud.com/outpost31/epidemic

Damn, just finished listening to that track.. great stuff. The stereo drums sound insane at my desk in headphones.

Thanks for the share.

Cody

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Shrtyska9 on February 17, 2015, 06:16:01 AM

Nice! Killer band from Quebec... if you go back 8 or 9 years ago, my band 112Kills rehearsal room was in a complex where they also had a studio running by my good friend Yannick St-Amant (Despised Icon). In the time we had our local there, he had recorded 2 of the Despised Icon album, one Ion Dissonnance and the first full length album of Beneath the Massacre after their first EP.  Our band was essentially a mix of Cephalic Carnage/Origin/DyingFetus/Suffocation... and we would be there jamming every damn day.... all the guys in those bands where chilling in our local drinking/smoking.. relaxing you know... and we would get to jam with them... DespisedIcon singers would come jam with us before they do their track and we would also help BTM drummer to heat up before his tracking time... very good times that was. Most brutal era of my life! ;D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

blearyeyes

oops...

blearyeyes

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 17, 2015, 04:28:29 PM
Quote from: blearyeyes on February 17, 2015, 04:23:05 PM
My Son Andy:
https://soundcloud.com/outpost31/epidemic

Damn, just finished listening to that track.. great stuff. The stereo drums sound insane at my desk in headphones.

Thanks for the share.

Cody

Andy needs a band. Here's another one. Besides guitar He's a good drummer and a great drum programmer.

Happy As HELL!

Shrtyska9

Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 17, 2015, 04:31:57 PM

Nice! Killer band from Quebec... if you go back 8 or 9 years ago, my band 112Kills rehearsal room was in a complex where they also had a studio running by my good friend Yannick St-Amant (Despised Icon). In the time we had our local there, he had recorded 2 of the Despised Icon album, one Ion Dissonnance and the first full length album of Beneath the Massacre after their first EP.  Our band was essentially a mix of Cephalic Carnage/Origin/DyingFetus/Suffocation... and we would be there jamming every damn day.... all the guys in those bands where chilling in our local drinking/smoking.. relaxing you know... and we would get to jam with them... DespisedIcon singers would come jam with us before they do their track and we would also help BTM drummer to heat up before his tracking time... very good times that was. Most brutal era of my life! ;D

Damn Rej! I knew those guys were from your neck of the woods but I didn't realize there would be such an awesome story tying you to them! That must have been a lot of fun! I remember seeing BTM on the summer slaughter tour in 2009 and they were Great! I was so pumped to see Necrophagist that night but I was working at a summer camp at the time and there was a midnight curfew and we had to drive from albany back into the catskills. Plus I had my nose broken in the pit during Winds of Plague. lol. I had two black eyes and my face was so swollen. Good times! lol.

And for a while I had Immaculate from Despised Icons first album as my ringtone in high school. It's amazing the looks you get when your phone goes off and there are gutteral vocals coming out instead of a ringer. lol. Since then I have kinda fell out of the scene but miss those days of going to shows.
Richard

alanp

I wish soundcloud worked properly on Opera 12. (The new version of Opera, among other lovely nonfeatures, thinks that no one uses bookmarks, and if you're one of those weirdo's who do, then go download a plug in for it.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Shrtyska9 on February 17, 2015, 05:06:26 PM

Damn Rej! I knew those guys were from your neck of the woods but I didn't realize there would be such an awesome story tying you to them! That must have been a lot of fun! I remember seeing BTM on the summer slaughter tour in 2009 and they were Great! I was so pumped to see Necrophagist that night but I was working at a summer camp at the time and there was a midnight curfew and we had to drive from albany back into the catskills. Plus I had my nose broken in the pit during Winds of Plague. lol. I had two black eyes and my face was so swollen. Good times! lol.

And for a while I had Immaculate from Despised Icons first album as my ringtone in high school. It's amazing the looks you get when your phone goes off and there are gutteral vocals coming out instead of a ringer. lol. Since then I have kinda fell out of the scene but miss those days of going to shows.

After all that time i'm still involved in those events, working as a tech... i don't think i could stop going there, the raw energy of those concerts can't be found anywhere else.

So this whole thing made me think of the old days (rofl), around 2001-2002 i was playing in a BlackMetal band called Cryptik Howling, with them i played a good load of concert, recorded a 2 song demo and actively participated to the writing of their first album. I then sold the bass rig i had to a bassman i had choosen (that was funny), thought him all the songs and got him ready for studio... as i was suppose to move in MTL with my gf and it then fucked up with her...... lol

Anyway, i'm a bit shy now of those songs... but back 10-12 years, i was very proud of what i was doing there.

This first one, i wrote entirely other than the closing riff...

Was lots of fun with the corpse paint and blood spitting on stage... lml
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Shrtyska9

Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 18, 2015, 12:03:30 AM
Quote from: Shrtyska9 on February 17, 2015, 05:06:26 PM

After all that time i'm still involved in those events, working as a tech... i don't think i could stop going there, the raw energy of those concerts can't be found anywhere else.

So this whole thing made me think of the old days (rofl), around 2001-2002 i was playing in a BlackMetal band called Cryptik Howling, with them i played a good load of concert, recorded a 2 song demo and actively participated to the writing of their first album. I then sold the bass rig i had to a bassman i had choosen (that was funny), thought him all the songs and got him ready for studio... as i was suppose to move in MTL with my gf and it then fucked up with her...... lol

Anyway, i'm a bit shy now of those songs... but back 10-12 years, i was very proud of what i was doing there.

This first one, i wrote entirely other than the closing riff...

Was lots of fun with the corpse paint and blood spitting on stage... lml

Those songs are Badass Rej! No reason to be shy about them.

Yeah I miss those shows man! My problem is I live in the middle of nowhere and the nearest venue is an hour an a half away. Plus everyone I used to go to shows with has either moved or gotten hooked on smack. Plus most of the good bands have stopped touring or broken up. Although I am pretty pumped for The Red Chord at New England metal and hardcore fest. Actually I should start making plans for that show.

Richard

Richard

flanagan0718