News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Covering the Betty Davis songbook (Mrs. Miles), almost as funky as the original, powerhouse vocalist... proficient enough guitarist.

Swamp-a-billy, great guttural harmonica.

70's Japanese garage/surf guitar workout.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

cooder

Some cool sh#t there Dave really dig the Mahalia Barnes one.
The swampy stuff is cool too.
BigNoise Amplification

dont-tase-me-bro

89.9 FM, Columbia University radio

Every morning is Bird Flight, the Charlie Parker show
I thought this would save me money.

alanp

Korpiklaani (I'm told it translates to "Old Forest Clan", Vallhagen can chime in on this) are bloody amazing.

"Vesilahden veräjillä" is a really neat song about a Christian preacher who ran afoul of a local warlord who took umbrage to his message.

"Let's Drink" -- they seem to do a song about the joy of the bottle on every album except for Manala

"The Steel" -- a glorious appreciation of the blacksmith

go look 'em up :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

I should probably note I can't speak scandinavian and rely on translation websites
- Terry Pratchett
My website

bassybeats

Ume's new album Monuments is my latest digs. That JazzMaster into the Big Marshall sounds killer.

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

ddog

Just discovered Kings of the City and I've been on a small binge. Enjoy:

Really excited for the one (and only  :() album coming this spring!

sonarchotic

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 01, 2015, 12:14:41 AM
New Elder Album! Destroying the workbench to this tonight.

Cody
Thanks for this one Cody. This album is killing me! Love it!

Shrtyska9

WWOZ out of NOLA. Killer radio station. Currently they are playing a block of vocal jazz/blues divas.
http://www.wwoz.org/
Richard

blearyeyes

It seems every time I see this question I am listening to FANS. Computer fans, cooling fans, so many fans. So just add some good music guys!

alanp

Saw this on NZG, under the topic title of "Jazz? It's not all wank" (the guy was upset about the stereotype of jazz being a technical exercise).

It's *NOT* what you'd expect. I like this track!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Muadzin

I've currently rediscovered U2 again and have downloaded every known live show that was ever recorded. That should keep me busy. I used to trade for these on audio tape and CDR's for a decade to get that many, now you can just download them all in days. Ain't technology a marvel? Currently listening to their 360 show from Mexico City, 14th of may 2011.

Not from that particular show, but a true 360 gem still. Not to mention a very interesting guitar tone as well.

flanagan0718

Off the newest record! They got Jesse back!