News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: chromesphere on May 12, 2015, 02:51:56 AM
Lisa Gerrards live rendition of this song left goose bumps down my spine.  She has the most amazing singing voice i have ever heard.

Can you recommend some albums by them? I keep catching their stuff and like what I hear.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

_The Serpent's Egg_, _Toward The Within_, and _Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun_ are three of my favourite Dead Can Dance albums.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Quote from: alanp on May 12, 2015, 10:08:56 AM
_The Serpent's Egg_, _Toward The Within_, and _Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun_ are three of my favourite Dead Can Dance albums.

Cheers, ordered.  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

chromesphere

Yeah its from Baraka, amazing footage / soundtrack!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

chromesphere

Quote from: juansolo on May 12, 2015, 10:09:33 AM
Quote from: alanp on May 12, 2015, 10:08:56 AM

Cheers, ordered.  8)

Yeah i agree with all of those.   Spiritchaser is one of my favorites, its tribal but pretty mellow.  Look, its actually pretty difficult to find a bad album...even their latest album which i was expecting for some strange reason to be no good, is pretty solid. 

Edit: Here's another one, rather on the heavy side again, but they do quite a bit of that.  The songs quite heart wrenching.  I don't believe the video clip is theirs though and is way on the arty side.

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

micromegas

Best duo ever:

Charlie Hunter has always been great but, as the good wine, he improves with age.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Martan

Oldie but goodie:

Beatles Revolver Album

Simply a triumph

micromegas

Didn't knew this song existed. It's awkward given that I live less than 30km far from those caves...

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

raulduke

Quote from: Martan on May 16, 2015, 08:18:10 AM
Oldie but goodie:

Beatles Revolver Album

Simply a triumph

Brilliant album (their best?).

This is from around the same time... I wonder where Liam Gallagher got his singing style from  ;)

Martan

Quote from: raulduke on May 18, 2015, 04:35:54 AM
Quote from: Martan on May 16, 2015, 08:18:10 AM

Brilliant album (their best?).

This is from around the same time... I wonder where Liam Gallagher got his singing style from  ;)

Its that song that made me start realizing how great the Beatle's bass lines usually are, and make me wish I could have that recorded bass tone on tap when I need it.

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

midwayfair

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

brucer

A bit dated, but I still LOVE the guitar on this track.  A crazy mashup of garage, disco, punk rock, new wave and metal with humour and enthusiasm ... but a little weird and explicit so don't watch if potentially offended by that.

If you think the secondary vocal lead sounds like the chorus in "Girl, you have no faith in medicine", that's because its an uncredited Jack White:

Oh, how I wish I could play guitar like that ...

Or like this ...

That's what I'm listenin' to!

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams