News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmoothAction

Nice one Cortexturizer. They certainly did!

Let's get this thread going again. We lost a ton of great posts. I always like visiting this thread for new jams. Onward and upward.

Floating Points - Silhouettes I, II, and III

SmoothAction

One more...

For fans of ultra tasteful prog-rock. Cynic, Exivious, Opeth, etc...

Beautifully dreary. Our Oceans.

ColorfulWeapon

My fellow Fort Worth, Texian Leon Bridges. His album "Coming Home" was recorded on vintage equipment. Just beautiful hearing the sound of the old mics and tube gear getting pushed. One could even say that the recordings are actually flawed in a technical sense but man does it ever sound good. Cannot get enough of it.

I am http://colorfulweapon.com custom, cables, switchers/loopers, snakes etc. Mogami, Sommer, Neutrik, Switchcraft and others.
Youtube- https://www.youtube.com/doityourselfmusician

add4

nice one.. oddly enough i like this, even if i shouldn't :)
thanks

Quote from: SmoothAction on January 20, 2016, 03:58:28 PM
Nice one Cortexturizer. They certainly did!

Let's get this thread going again. We lost a ton of great posts. I always like visiting this thread for new jams. Onward and upward.

Floating Points - Silhouettes I, II, and III

add4

SmoothAction

@add4, you have excellent taste. I love Tigran and Helix Nebula. Cheers!  8)

lincolnic

Pere Ubu isn't for everybody, but they are for me.

matmosphere

Quote from: lincolnic on January 22, 2016, 08:18:53 PM
Pere Ubu isn't for everybody, but they are for me.

That's a damn good record. Haven't heard it in years.

m-Kresol

I'm all over the 'new' Caspian album for the last couple of months.

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

add4

Quote from: SmoothAction on January 22, 2016, 05:12:25 PM
@add4, you have excellent taste. I love Tigran and Helix Nebula. Cheers!  8)

Thanks so much! I'm usually shut down as soon as I say I found a new great band. The perks of being a jazz guy. Glad you could find something you like here :) you might also like kneebody then and maybe Chris potter underground too:)

davent

Picked these up today, could be gone for awhile.

More info on the boxset but not mine!  http://imgur.com/gallery/b0dLI
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

dan.schumaker

My boy is almost 2, and he loves watching these truck videos.  So since he is almost 2, we watch them all. the. time.  They are some damn catchy tunes....

And as far as not toddler-centric music, I've been listening to Vintage Trouble

Drew Hallenbeck

Sorry, no embedded videos or anything but.....

I don't know how many times I've listened to the new Baroness album since it's release last month.

I absolutely love those guys. I got into them with the "Blue Record" and loved it. Next I got the "Red Album" and liked it a lot. Then "Yellow and Green" came out and I was floored. The first time I heard Take My Bones Away I was hooked. I also ordered the re-released EP's of their older stuff to check that out.
Now the new "Purple" (my favorite color) is in steady rotation.
I love how their stuff has changed and grown over the past ten years.
They use some pretty cool effects too!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

add4

haha my girl is three and a half and she seems to have a fixation on Bjork, and specifically pagan poetry

When she listened to this bjork song 6 times in a row, sometimes, she will ask for this

i started a policy so each persn in the car can choose one song in turn, and i try to make her discover as many styles as possible.