News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmoothAction

I also have a Bjork fixation. Her music gives me goosebumps, her videos give me goosebumps on top of goosebumps.

Your little girl has excellent taste just like her daddy. Vespertine is my favorite Bjork album. The official Pagan Poetry video is NSFW, because Bjork is a bad b*tch who doesn't give a f*ck. I love her.

My 4 year old niece also loves Bjork. When I go see Acacia I always put on this video. Thankfully Acacia (neice) and Cady (my little sister/her mom) always approve of Bjork, even if the subject matter can be a little dark. Throwing your body off a cliff just to hear what it sounds like isn't exactly kid friendly but the video is beautiful, also one of my favorite Bjork songs of all time.

SmoothAction

Somewhat relevant to what we do, here is Bjork talking about her TV/electronics in 1988 I believe.

The way she talks is fascinating. She doesn't even need to sing, I could just listen to her talk all day. She is sooooo cool man. Ridiculously cute.

That's why you shouldn't let poets lie to you.

add4

haha ! i fortunately don't have to deal with the subject of the songs since we all speak french. my daughter makes sounds replicating Bjork's accent (which is usually far from what i classify as proper english :) ).

I also love what she does. i only wish she would be more adventurous on the rythmic side of things and get out of the usual 4/4, trying-to-be-different-but-not-really-succeeding rythms. but well, that's only one downside of her work which is absolutely stunning on every other level .. it's just that my personal fixation is on polyrythms, or at least, asymetric bars. To my ears, any music gets better if it's in 5/8, 7/8 5/4, 11/8. just avoid 4/4 please :) or be creative with it and make it sound different, or awesome because you play it really well... oh i geuss i love everything in music .. :)
another one you might like. This one is in 7/8 :) (we can move the sharing in pm if we don't want to pollute the thread :) )

Quote from: SmoothAction on January 26, 2016, 07:56:42 AM
I also have a Bjork fixation. Her music gives me goosebumps, her videos give me goosebumps on top of goosebumps.

Your little girl has excellent taste just like her daddy. Vespertine is my favorite Bjork album. The official Pagan Poetry video is NSFW, because Bjork is a bad b*tch who doesn't give a f*ck. I love her.

My 4 year old niece also loves Bjork. When I go see Acacia I always put on this video. Thankfully Acacia (neice) and Cady (my little sister/her mom) always approve of Bjork, even if the subject matter can be a little dark. Throwing your body off a cliff just to hear what it sounds like isn't exactly kid friendly but the video is beautiful, also one of my favorite Bjork songs of all time.

add4

i totally agree about her carachter being quite fascinating!
the way she sings creates an almost spiritual experience that i only find in some guitarists like david gilmore, adam rogers and more importantly kurt rosenwinkel. it's a spiritual experience to listen to these people.
perfect mastery

Quote from: SmoothAction on January 26, 2016, 08:05:38 AM
Somewhat relevant to what we do, here is Bjork talking about her TV/electronics in 1988 I believe.

The way she talks is fascinating. She doesn't even need to sing, I could just listen to her talk all day. She is sooooo cool man. Ridiculously cute.

That's why you shouldn't let poets lie to you.

SmoothAction

I'm so pumped. These two artists are touring together AND they are coming to lonely Albuquerque, New Mexico. Usually we get skipped. The whole Austin - Denver - Phoenix route touring groups run gives me a headache.

Super groovy, ultra hoppy instrumental rock. Tight as a tiger, great swing, positive vibes. I adore both these artists. SO STOKED they are touring together.

alanp

I take it everyone else "misses that left toin at Alba-koi-kee", then? :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

SmoothAction

Quote from: alanp on January 28, 2016, 08:11:43 PM
I take it everyone else "misses that left toin at Alba-koi-kee", then? :)

It is historical fact that many entities both fictional and non-fictional now completely avoid the whole area. They learned from other's past mistakes. Ha.

add4

Currently listening to this and loving the vibe!

alparent

I've been listening to latino music for the last 2 weeks at work.
I guess the winter is getting to me. I feel like a trip to Mexico might be needed soon!
I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

alanp

http://radio.electro-music.com

I've been increasingly listening to the Ambient station on e-m. All of the e-m stuff tends to be more drone-y, and a bit more melodic, than some of the tracks on the muffwiggler radio.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

lightsoundgeometry

Love the new X files ..so this inspired me lol

----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

alanp

Found this when googling "segovia guitar electric", wanting to know if the old legend ever played electric, and came across a forum thread comparing Segovia's quite elitist attitude to Chet Atkins. The poster linked to an Atkins youtube vid, and I was trawling through the links from THAT when I spotted this, and went, "Ooo! Mark Knopfler!"
- Terry Pratchett
My website

jubal81

Preview of May's new Fruit Bats album. Eric's still got it! Stoked!

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

alanp

At the dawn of the day, when the world's biggest fish was being landed, and the sea was quite lumpy and the weather was foul, and the bloke with the map was as pissed as an owl, and the boys called out, "Maui, ya clown! Let it go!" he winked at his mates, reached down for his grandmother's jawbone and said, boys, we don't know how lucky we are!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?