News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

SHES BACK! YEESSSS!!!!

I cannot wait for this album.

Let England Shake is one of my favourite albums of all time. The whole concept, production, lyrics and general song-craft were perfect. If this is a follow up on a similar theme then fantastic.

She can also properly rock out when she wants too:

davent

I think 'Rid Of Me' is still my favourite but i think that has more to do with the surprise, the newness, not knowing what was coming next and being blown away by what i was hearing. Since then with each new release (save one) you know you're in for a treat. (I'll allow all my favs a stinker.)

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

The Empire come off really, really well in this.

I commented to my brother that there should probably have been electronic warfare suites going as well -- signal jamming, decryption, hacking, that sort of thing.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Big Polly Harvey fan. Love her stuff. Only discovered her from a live performance on Later (this one in fact), fell almost immediately in love with her music:

She collaborates occasionally with Josh Homme. I've never known a more perfect pairing of song writers/performers and wish they'd do more.

Also, grab Please Leave Quietly if you was an awesome live video. Love that one.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

davent

Can never be enough PJ Harvey, more collaborations.

Can't go wrong with Josh Homme either. Looking forward to his collaboration with Iggy Pop.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

bigdaddymrx

juansolo

Quote from: davent on March 02, 2016, 12:57:17 PM
Can't go wrong with Josh Homme either. Looking forward to his collaboration with Iggy Pop.

Heard a track from that and if the rest of it is that good, it's a no-brainer purchase for me.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

davent

selfdestroyer

Mars Red Sky's new album:

This is whats playing at my bench tonight.. The drop down at 1:48 in this track is PURE GOLD!

Cody

raulduke

The Boss knows how to get those man tears flowing.

'But when it's your Brother, sometimes you look the other way'   :'(

matmosphere

Heard this last night and couldn't believe it's not from the nineties.

SmoothAction

Quote from: add4 on March 01, 2016, 07:38:47 AM
pure beauty

Instant love.

Put this on while I had a glass of red on my extended lunch break, don't tell my boss. Fit the mood perfectly on a gorgeous spring day while I sat on an empty patio. Thank you.

add4

Quote from: SmoothAction on March 03, 2016, 11:28:06 AM
Quote from: add4 on March 01, 2016, 07:38:47 AM
pure beauty

Instant love.

Put this on while I had a glass of red on my extended lunch break, don't tell my boss. Fit the mood perfectly on a gorgeous spring day while I sat on an empty patio. Thank you.

Glad you love it! Sebastien is such an amazing guitar player. he has so much taste, a flawless technique, and a real search for inventivity and musicality. he really listens to what he's actually playing.. and he's a really nice and interesting guy on top of that.

If you liked this: check this other video, from the studio for his beautiful album called 'la mélodie des choses'. I have been coming back to that video again and again in the last few days. it's just beautiful in so many ways. Sebastien's solo is SO great too. i definately need to transcribe what he does between 1:30 and 1:40 and 2:10 to 2:20 beautiful guitar work.
The kora player is just incredibly too .. i love seeing an african tradition instrument used in that harmonically interesting context.