News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddj3891

I've been all over the plac even lately. If you opened up the 10 disc changer, you'd find The Raconteurs, Gov't Mule, Crowbar, Mountain, Deicide, Black Label Society, Dax Riggs, Black Sabbath. Blues Traveler, and The Sword.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

davent

Richard Thompson burns it up... as only he can!

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

matmosphere

I was listening to the Nuggets box set earlier, it's so damn good. For some reason I'm stuck on older stuff lately.

This is my personal favorite from the set. For 1967 this is heavy and just weird. I'm guessing these dudes did a lot of drugs around this time.

jball85

Deep Purple, Live in Japan and Fireball. I've rediscovered these albums.

davent

Quote from: jball85 on March 11, 2016, 10:26:22 AM

Those have held up well for me, enjoy!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

matmosphere

Quote from: davent on March 11, 2016, 11:49:46 AM
Quote from: jball85 on March 11, 2016, 10:26:22 AM

Those have held up well for me, enjoy!
dave

I was just thinking about what I could build my brother to help him get a cool Richie Blackmore tone.

alanp

If you ever wanted to know what a phaser sounds like, look up the title track to this.

_Planets Collide_ is also one of the heavier tracks I've heard.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

add4

mix between electro and djent ... yes it does exists.. mind blown :)

diablochris6

Been listening to Esperanza Spalding's newest release for a bit now.

There isn't a ton of soloing on the album itself, but the live videos have some jams. This also put Matthew Stevens on my map, and I've been listening to his solo album as well.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jtaormina

Helps block out all the office noise at work.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVRMDhz9oeptHCXZqwyTHBb9LdfyFbcln

matmosphere

Quote from: diablochris6 on March 15, 2016, 09:41:21 AM
Been listening to Esperanza Spalding's newest release for a bit now.

There isn't a ton of soloing on the album itself, but the live videos have some jams. This also put Matthew Stevens on my map, and I've been listening to his solo album as well.

I caught her on Colbert the other night. She was great, and had a cool guitar player to boot. Thanks for reminding me to track down some of her stuff.

juansolo

Not sure how I missed this back in the day, but good to get your industrialness on:

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

EBRAddict

Skinny Puppy, Thrill Kill Kult, Nine Inch Nails, Ministry. It's been that kind of year so far.

m-Kresol

I'm really getting into math rock these days. good example is Oxford based band TTNG

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

SmoothAction

I'm in love. She has an amazing body of work. "Goosebumps on the back of your neck" style.

The first jam is sexy, fuzzy, rock n' roll ballad.

The second is reminiscent of Deee-lite, Cibo Matto, etc.. It is pure sunshine. She is amazing.

Listen!