News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

I had never heard of this guy until today...and now I feel stupid. Tosin Abasi is like combining Stanley Jordan, Les Claypool, and Eddie Van Halen into one person. The riff that starts at 1:17 is just plain sick.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

stringsthings

After watching the video, I'm listening to some Animals as Leaders.    Nice !!
Thanks for posting that video!
All You Need Is Love

matmosphere

Quote from: timbo_93631 on August 25, 2011, 01:47:10 PM
the zombies...  freaking cool, makes me wish I was a keys player sometimes.
wishbone ash, there's the rub
two door cinema club: irish emopop with stupendous levels of reverb and lots of cool fender guitars.  fun
airborne toxic event - my buddy Daren's fan-freaking-tastic band. 

I got to see the Zombies live last treat the played the entire Oddessy and Oricle album as part of the show. I was thinking the same thing about the keyboard player. He was really fantastic. About half way through the first set I found myself appreciating that he didn't play crazy 70's prog stuff. Of course the next song was totally a prog song from his band in the seventies.

There original bassist played with them during the second set. It was interesting because he is a guy that very obviously stopped trying to be a rock star after the Zombies originally broke up.  He looked very out of place, but he played and sang exceptionally well.

One of the best shows I've seen in the past several years and I wasn't a huge fan going in.

diablochris6

Can't go wrong with Paul Simon's newest album. My dad and I were talking about his intriguing way of telling stories; we both marvel how he crams a lot of lyrics in weird ways and somehow also creates even more meaning with sparse phrases.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Tremster

Hadn't listened to Alex Chilton / Big Star for years. And now I can't stop.

davent

For the last couple days (at least) all the youtube embeds just show as a narrow, vertical, black band in the posts. Anyone else having issues?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Tremster

Quote from: davent on August 16, 2016, 11:27:07 AM
For the last couple days (at least) all the youtube embeds just show as a narrow, vertical, black band in the posts. Anyone else having issues?

dave

All works well here.

davent

Quote from: Tremster on August 16, 2016, 11:37:10 AM

dave

All works well here.

Saw your post on an ipod first and on it the videos up show fine. Back to this computer and tried chrome and explorer and both have the same issue.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

beneharris

I've been listening to the new Vektor a ton. Man, what a cd.

flanagan0718

I've been listening to a lot of instramental / soundscape stuff lately. I came across this the other day on my Caspian pandora station

davent

Quote from: Tremster on August 16, 2016, 11:37:10 AM

dave

All works well here.

Have been checking back in through the day and as of now, things are as they should be but weren't earlier .
dave

m-Kresol

I've found a few new postrock bands. Well, at least new to me.

And a new record by a band I already new. I dig the heavy use of delay on this album.

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

lincolnic

Hey Felix, if you're into post-rock, you might like my friends Beware of Safety. I mixed their most recent album, Mabon.

https://bewareofsafety.bandcamp.com/album/mabon

m-Kresol

oh cool. I'll give it a go. thanks for the tipp.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials