News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 21, 2016, 06:48:33 AM
I can't seem to get away from the instrumental post rock stuff...not that its a bad thing.

Band: Pray For Sound
Album: Dreamer

thanks mike. good stuff, keep it coming.

Check out "Oh, Hiroshima" and I hope you know "Joy wants eternity". If not, it's a must for you
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

raulduke

Daniel Lanois has released an 'ambient' lapsteel album and it is awesome.

Amazing tones + textures.

I love this guys production skills.

davent

Interesting stuff, he and Eno were the ambient pioneers, back to the roots.

An artist he worked with even earlier in his career is playing locally soon, Raffi. Lanois's from here and his old studio is still a functioning entity.

https://joelfrancis.com/2009/05/15/lanois-raffi-eno/
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

flanagan0718

selfdestroyer

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 30, 2016, 10:48:07 AM
These guys are pretty interesting too!

Great stuff, been listening to it at work today. Thanks for the share.

add4

i just rediscovered the Magic Malik Orchestra after years of not listening to it.. i knew i liked it, but after years of serious commitment to learning music, i hear a whole different music and i'm absolutely shocked and in awe by this.
I thought maybe some of you guys would like it.
Warning, jazz content (as usual with me :) )

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

thesmokingman

entirely different direction but I kept seeing their name around and I'm catching up on the back catalogue of Blackberry Smoke
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jubal81

[/url]
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

m-Kresol

new MONO album is released tomorrow. good stuff

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

flanagan0718

Little break from Post Rock. Back into the metal world. These guys are from Australia.

destro

flanagan0718

To escape the political discussions (not the one on this site, I can avoid that as it is only on one thread and not shoved down my throat) I leave you with this...

selfdestroyer

Nice one Mike, I have been enjoying it today at work. Have not listened to Album Leaf in years.

Cody

flanagan0718

Quote from: selfdestroyer on November 16, 2016, 11:18:36 AM
Nice one Mike, I have been enjoying it today at work. Have not listened to Album Leaf in years.

Cody

Me either, until the released their latest record. It is called Between Waves. It was a really good listen. Link