News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Random youtube link clicking, and I came across this.

Utterly mindblowing and incredibly amazing. (And not a piano keyboard in sight!)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

sonarchotic

Amazing album. The guys vocs are grating at times but the music is incredible and not predictably genre dependent. (Well, at least for a sci-fi prog. thrash band.)

chromesphere

One "from the archive" ive been revisiting.  Not exactly happy music.  So evoking...it was pretty much my go to album during my rather tough adolescence, I find it a little difficult to listen to these...one of the big influence for my style of guitar playing as well.

Sorry for the downer, please carry on with the program :)

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Bret608

Paul, I was actually lucky enough to have seen Samiam live once. They were really good--gotta love Serge! I still have their albums before Clumsy on cassette I believe--a friend had them on vinyl and recorded them for me. He we so into them that he treated them like a secret only to be shared with the worthy. I wouldn't have gone that far, but it is some damn good music!

chromesphere

Quote from: Bret608 on December 05, 2016, 01:44:02 PM
I still have their albums before Clumsy on cassette I believe

Its funny Bret, when I'm listening to the cd there is spot in track 7 where I STILL anticipate the song to end prematurely (to flip the tape!).  Those were the days.  I also think I'm getting old :(
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

flanagan0718

Quote from: chromesphere on December 05, 2016, 02:45:42 PM
Quote from: Bret608 on December 05, 2016, 01:44:02 PM
I still have their albums before Clumsy on cassette I believe

Its funny Bret, when I'm listening to the cd there is spot in track 7 where I STILL anticipate the song to end prematurely (to flip the tape!).  Those were the days.  I also think I'm getting old :(

I do the same thing with Master Of Puppets! HAHA  8)

Bret608

Thanks for sharing, you two! Dinosaur Jr.'s Bug is the one where I still hear a "flip the cassette" spot no matter what. Wait a minute, I still only have that one on tape!  :-[

selfdestroyer

HAHA Beastie Boys License to Ill always does that to me.

Cody

alanp

These people are insane.

The term "Black MIDI" means that if you took the MIDI notes, and printed them out as a musical score, it would just be a black mass of notation.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

lars

Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

flanagan0718

Just found this on youtube. Great stuff, reminds me a lot of TREOS.

alanp

Just ordered a limited edition LP of Dig Your Own Hole :)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

flanagan0718

Still trying to get into this album. Protest The Hero is one of my favorite bands but for some reason I just don't dig this album too much.

zombie_rock123

Protest the Hero really rustled my jimmies the first time I heard them. Kezia blew me away. Never could get into Fortress beyond Bloodmeat and Sequoia Throne and still need to give 3 & 4 a listen. I read that Chris Adler drummed on their recent album, what a combination!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/