News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

somnif

Holy crap, album leaf is still around. I remember picking up his album my first semester at university, 13 years ago... His sound has evolved a bit, I like it.

stringsthings

Quote from: madbean on October 17, 2017, 04:43:08 PM
How did I make it to 44 without listening to Killing Joke? This has got some good stuff.

Excellent stuff.  One of my favorite bands.  I first heard of them way back in a record store.  ( early-1980's ) 
"What's THIS For?" was playing.  Bought the LP and instantly liked it.  Their original drummer is superb. 
He's back with the band now along with the rest of the original members.  I was just listening to "Pylon" this evening.
All You Need Is Love

alanp

Salt Marie Celeste, by Nurse With Wound, will make you realise just how creepy stereo imaging can be, with a GOOD sound setup. (It sounds, to my ears, like a bicycle dérailleur of some sort.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

bamslam69

Tash Sultana

Dammit, I've added a loop pedal to my Christmas Wish List!

alanp

Some old Stabbing Westward albums. Over the top angst with synth and metal guitar, but done incredibly well with some really good lyrics.

_Darkest Days_ is probably the best one to start with. Just DON'T let anyone who is depressed or in a bad place mentally listen to it.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Flock of Bees

A hawk and a hacksaw. You have already gone to the next world

flanagan0718

Quote from: alanp on November 15, 2017, 09:54:04 PM
Some old Stabbing Westward albums. Over the top angst with synth and metal guitar, but done incredibly well with some really good lyrics.

_Darkest Days_ is probably the best one to start with. Just DON'T let anyone who is depressed or in a bad place mentally listen to it.

WOW Throw back to 8th grade! I used to listen to Darkest Days and Wither, Blister, Burn, and Peal quite a bit. Super angst powers unite!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: flanagan0718 on November 16, 2017, 05:54:17 AM
Quote from: alanp on November 15, 2017, 09:54:04 PM

WOW Throw back to 8th grade! I used to listen to Darkest Days and Wither, Blister, Burn, and Peal quite a bit. Super angst powers unite!

I remember Stabbing Westward - Ungod and NIN - Pretty Hate Machine were in heavy rotation in my walkman growing up. Great stuff!

Cody

alanp

Had a listen to the OST for Mad Max: Fury Road.

Very disappointing. I was honestly expecting a LOT more on there from Coma, the Doof Warrior!

I'll have to stick to blasting Karma To Burn, then.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

somnif

My local indie station played this when I was out and about today, and it has been stuck in my head all evening. Santigold - "Disparate Youth"

fair.child

Toto Tribute I'll be Over you by Andy McKee and Marco Sfogli cover

Timko

Jake Xerxes Fussel.  Smooth as flowing water fingerpicking that sounds like it belongs on a peach farm in Georgia circa 1932.

lars

Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

alanp

Bought some Perturbator albums. Great, great synthwave, and the album cover-art tends to be right up Juan's alley (check out _The Uncanny Valley_ for this.)
- Terry Pratchett
My website