News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesmokingman

been listening to Jack White's latest solo album this week "Boarding House Reach" ... its a challenging listen if you're more into the White Stripes than his solo work or supergroups ... if I had to be reductionist in my review, I'd say Jack's been listening to AWOLNATION and Imagine Dragons and wanted to mix his particular brand of bs with that sort of sound.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

alanp

So Brian FM played a catchy tune a few times. It stuck in my head enough that I decided to look it up.

Wow. Just wow. I love how it humanizes the USA civil war, a bit. (I ain't touching in the politics or morality of either side.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lars

Great track from Ultravox's very underrated album, Systems of Romance (1978). This track obviously had a big impact on bands that followed in the 80's.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

midwayfair

My friend Joy Ike's new album:

https://joyike.bandcamp.com/album/bigger-than-your-box

I really like the production, though she does sing a little differently than on some of her old materials, more pop in some places and a little less soul.

alanp

Amazing what you come across on youtube. I'm guessing the guy is a huge Hank Marvin fan -- he even has Hank's habit of playing with the whammy bar under his right hand all the time.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

matmosphere

THATs quite the find Alan. I thought it would've been hilarious if the guy had just sat there and not played the whole time.

lars

Instead of using blur to hide people's faces, they should just dub this guy in to protect identities. Excellent body and headstock placement!

Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

stringsthings

Killing Joke Pylon  ... just got my ticket to see them in September!

Haven't been to a show in a long time, so this will be a real treat.  I've never seen Killing Joke before
so this will be really great.
All You Need Is Love

Strategy

Killing Joke and Pylon on the same bill?
- Strategy

stringsthings

"Pylon" is the title of a recent Killing Joke LP.
All You Need Is Love

trailer

Can't stop listening to Schmaltz by Spanish Love Songs. I'm a sad boy. Go see them play a dive near you!

diablochris6

Quote from: culturejam on April 24, 2018, 06:49:42 AM
Slow doom groove Tuesday.

This is some killer stuff. I listened to this on the Stoned Meadow of Doom channel on Youtube the other day. Monsternaut had a good release this year that was showcased on the same channel.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

alanp

My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, "Radio Silicon (Silverado)", _Golden Pillz_

Can't find a copy on youtube, amazing track.
- Terry Pratchett
My website