News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Quote from: bamslam69 on August 25, 2019, 04:52:41 PM
Getting into some NOFX. In the band mate and I are forming, NOFX are a common fave band, although I only own 2 cds of theirs.
So yeah, something to jam on when we want to have fun.

-White trash, two heebs, and a bean
-Punk in Drublic
-Pump up the Valuum

Are may favorites by NoFX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamslam69

Pump up the Valium  - great backpacking soundtrack. It lived comfortably in my cd wallet, right next to Frenzal Rhomb's "A Man's Not a Camel".
So far our song for next practice is 72 H00kers

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Jon Savage's '1968' The Year the World Burned

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

juansolo

A rip of the new Tool album. Which is rather excellent. Shame I can't work out how to buy it...

Seems the only thing that was for sale here was the Ltd Ed at £80 (about $100, it was about $40 in the States...) which has sold out. Otherwise it's digital only which doesn't play in my CD player. Which is a tad bloody annoying as someone who owns everything they've turned out on CD.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

somnif

To be fair, that CD includes a 2W speaker, a screen, rechargable battery, and 36 page book. (and a code for a digital download as well).

Presumably they'll release a "normal" edition at somepoint without all that nonsense, but for now.... yeah, burn your own I guess.

Also for anyone curious, here are all the various streaming options: https://smarturl.it/TOOLCatalog

(I'm 20 minutes in and still haven't hit track 3....)

bamslam69

Loving the new Tool album. A busy weekend made this morning's commute my first chance to listen. I caught the slower all-stations train and zoned out with a new sci-fi book.

I'll be eagerly awaiting a "normal" cd to be available without the bells & whistles. For now Spotify does the job.

Edit: a few days later, and I've come to the conclusion Fear Inoculum is a chillout album. (not in negative terms).

somnif

Pretty much the only 9/11 themed bit of music I can actually remember 18 years later, which is a bit odd as its a mostly instrumental piece with background mumbling.

lars

The Tielman brothers. They were the absolute very first pioneers of rock and roll uber-showmanship, yet are relatively unknown in the industry. I've never heard of any major acts ever saying these guys were inspirations to them. But they invented basically every "move" you can think of with a four piece rock band (playing behind your back, with your feet, climbing on gear, letting the drummer play your guitar with his sticks???, etc, etc). They were doing this stuff back in the 1950's! It was like the real version of Marty McFly going back in time. As expected, racism played a big part in them not hitting major success. These guys were Indonesian, in other words, not Elvis Presley or the Beatles.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

davent

Finally set up to clean and wet vac my albums so digging through tonight and came across this gem from high school days. Trapeze - Hot Wire, their first album after Glenn Hughes moved to Deep Purple.

Rock funk of the early mid 70's.

dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jalmonsalmon

Glad to see Frank is back in action!  Even though this took 9 years to come out, well worth it!
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

alanp

Alabama Thunderpussy - _Rise Again_.

Pick it up for the hilariously juvenile name, listen for the amazing riffage and singing. To look out for: "Falling Behind", "When Mercury Drops", and "Dixie".
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

I've been into the new album by Diiv lately.

https://diivct.bandcamp.com/

(Sorry can't get YouTube to load for some reason)

It's pretty great. I don't usually seek out new music, I should but haven't for a couple years now. Occasionally a friend will turn me onto something.

Willybomb

Timko