News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevie1556

Been listening to alot of Steel Panther lately, and Stevie Wonders greatest hits. Oh, and the other half moaning that my pedals and guitars are taking over the house!

I grew up with my dad listening to Eric Clapton, Gary Moore, etc, and my sister listening to Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, etc and Steel Panther take me back to those days of growing up and not having a care in the world. They also did the best concert I've ever been to and ruined every concert I'm ever going to goto (I seem to goto quite a lot).

I'm trying to learn a few songs at the moment, including Death To all But Metal, and Fat Girl, both by steel panther so been listing to them loads. Although, the solos in DTABM are a bit out of my league at the moment :(

Here are the videos of the songs that I'm trying to learn at the moment:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yfB7vF7nCdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x67jtMPfdTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jkokura

Further Seems Forever's newest album Penny Black. It's good.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

juansolo

On constant rotation currently:

Riverside - Shrine of New Generation Slaves

Clutch - Earth Rocker

Spiritual Beggars - Earth Blues

...also rediscovering Portishead (I only ever had Dummy)

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

atreidesheir

Nothing ground breaking.
Black Keys, Raconteurs, Josh Homme ( I love his spur of the moment solo desert recordings, http://totalrandomnesshere.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-reservation-soundtrack-bourdain.html?zx=3896e6c7d490be8a), Donald Fagen's "The Nightfly", solo Lindsey Buckingham, "Silk Degrees", Govt Mule.

My 4 y/o has discovered the White Album.  Sexy Sadie is our theme song to go to Daycare.  I love him.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

midwayfair

Birds and Arrows (from North Carolina). Great folk rock/indie/harmony duo.

jkokura

Here's a good oldie that popped up on my playlist today too.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

GermanCdn

Quote from: jkokura on May 08, 2013, 04:42:53 PM
Here's a good oldie that popped up on my playlist

Jacob

Vintage Rez, nice.  Here's a story of the good being wasted on the young - I saw Glenn Kaiser put on a two hour solo set with just a dobro and a swiss army knife in a club of 40 people back in the day, only I was too much of a metalhead at the time to truly appreciate how phenomenal a performance it was.  And twenty years later, still pretty much a metalhead, go figure.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

gordo

Been revisiting a bunch of early King's X, Big Sugar, and the last two Max Webster albums.  I get a Gamma jones on from time to time as well.  I'm an old fart, what can I say.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jkokura

Glenn Kaiser's sustain in that song makes my skin tingle.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

GermanCdn

Quote from: gordo on May 08, 2013, 05:38:26 PM
Been revisiting a bunch of early King's X, Big Sugar, and the last two Max Webster albums.  I get a Gamma jones on from time to time as well.  I'm an old fart, what can I say.

Just heard the first track off the new Doug Pinnick/Eric Gales project.  Going to be a killer album.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Matt

Black keys, Aerosmith, Robin Trower, Brad Paisley, Megadeth (Rust In Peace).  Just coming off a GNR, Hendrix, Coldplay kick.  Who knows what next week will bring.
Matt

atreidesheir

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 08, 2013, 05:49:58 PM
Quote from: gordo on May 08, 2013, 05:38:26 PM

Just heard the first track off the new Doug Pinnick/Eric Gales project.  Going to be a killer album.
I remember when Eric Gales was a 12 yo hendrix prodigy on the local news.  He should have been huge.  HUGE!  But you must have the song people can't get out of their head.  Eric Gales never scored that.  sucks.
shout out for King's X.  my favorite band I always forget about.

I don't enjoy Coldplay's last two albums.  I still play the first two albums in the car.  Love them. Is it me or is it them? :D

jkokura

Them. After they got huge with Rush of Blood to the Head, they sucked afterwards. I almost liked the album that came out summer of like 2009...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

atreidesheir

Coldplay may be like U2.  If someone told me my two favorite U2 albums would be recorded in the 2000's I would not have believed them.  How to Dismantle and All that you can't leave behind are amazing.  I did not appreciate the Edge until I was older.  A real artiste.  The guy from Coldplay sounds pretty good without stomping on the songs.

I loved this while looking up something.

Back on topic: I was listening to "Emotions in Motion" by billy squire tonight white wiring a tele for a friend.  Everybody Wants You was an awesome song.  I saw him headline and Def Leppard opened for him before Pyromania was so huge.  I was 12 and was snuck out by my cool cousin.  I bought his ticket and got to sit between two high school girls with boobs in the backseat for the 2 hour drive to Nashville. 
I heard a DJ once say Billy Squire released the two best Led Zeppelin albums of the 80's.
If that is true then Total Eclipse of the Heart was the best Rod Stewart son of the last 34/35 years.

Blues Healer

"music heals"