News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

(the hot guitars of) Biller and Wakefield. Both these guys used to be in Wayne Hancock's band. That guy goes through rad guitar players like John Mayhal on meth.

My kid just discovered pink Floyd, so Gilmour is constantly in the house. And I ain't complaining.;D

Jim Campilongo- all of his stuff is in rotation around here. I live everything he does, the fiance is enamored with the Little Willies (finally got to see them live, without having to travel to New York. They played the Roxy here in Hollywood.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

Mich P

Vallhagen

Marty Friedman: Scenes

...the worlds 2nd best guitar player at his finest!

Cheerio
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

BraindeadAudio

alanp

Wish I'd heard them years ago.

The sudden FEEDBACK in the album version startled the shit out of me, the first time I heard it, and then put a massive grin on my face.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

ch1naski

The stuff they play on the radio ( my girl listens to the radio, I despise it) is really misleading about these guys (black keys), I reckon.
Gonna have to dig deeper and check them out. Sound really cool.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

DutchMF

Well, since Jeff Hanneman died I'm listening to a shitload of Slayer (which my wife hates...) again, but we've spent last saturday night in a bar to celebrate my wife's birthday and they played a live version of 'Boy in the bubble' from Paul Simon's 'Graceland' (which we both love) so that album has been on non-stop rotation since then, and I'm not complaining! Might be a bit of a strange combination, but that's how my musical taste works..... A mate of mine works at the Amsterdam Opera as head of the stage-building department (best job ever!) so I get a lot of free tickets for that, and I must say I like it a lot, but not for listening at home!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Rockhorst

Grace Potter - The Lion The Beast The Beat
Avantasia (saw their show live last week, A-Ma-Zing, Kiske for president)
At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul

And I just got tickets for both The Black Crowes and The Rival Sons

Covering all bases as you can see ;)

RobA

New stuff (to me) that is on this week's listening list is Andy Summers & Ben Verdery "First You Build a Cloud" and  James Blood Ulmer's "In and Out."  Also, the CD that has been in my repeat listening position for the last few weeks is "Amanké Dionti" by Ablaye Cissoko and Volker Goetze:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4JliTRNUVk

If I could get the sound and rhythm out of my guitar that he has on his kora, I'd be pretty damn happy.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

angrykoko

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

stevewire

Elliot Easton's Tiki Gods, Grizzly Bear, Big Star, The Jam, Television...

das234

Mostly Spice Girls.  Ooh, and Milli Vanilli! 

whitebread47

Quote from: ch1naski on May 10, 2013, 03:26:17 PM
Jim Campilongo- all of his stuff is in rotation around here. I live everything he does, the fiance is enamored with the Little Willies (finally got to see them live, without having to travel to New York. They played the Roxy here in Hollywood.)

Excellent taste, good sir.  I'm an avid fan of both - Campilongo is partly why I'm a Princeton Reverb man and he sure knows his way tastefully around a Tele.

So here are the bands/artists that get the most play right now:
- Dawes - Incredibly lyricism and refreshingly tasteful arrangements (new album in particular).
- Justin Townes Earle - Has an authentic sound and nails the old timey styles while somehow managing to keep his lyrical content relevant today.
- Spirit Family Reunion[/b] - A gang from NYC who sound like they were raised on the set of O' Brother Where Art Thou.
- Waylon Jennings - A classic and an icon, leather-bound Tele and all.
- Father John Misty - Weird stuff lyrically but very well done.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

raulduke

This:

This album was before my time.... but damn its good!

Killer fuzz guitar tones too  ;)