News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

I'm sure I'm late to the party on this one.. just found it today and keep replaying it.
I think it's some of Josh Homme's best (assuming he get's the lions share of the credit).. albeit a little disturbing to watch.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

TNblueshawk

I am listening to a smoking hot doctor with a law degee to boot in my seminar I am in right now in Newport Beach California

The subject matter is boring but who cares!

:o   ;D   :o

John

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Bret608

Tame Impala is what I brought to work today. Makes me want to build a phaser!

ChrisM

Been siting on the back porch many nights in this nice weather listening to Alexi Murdoch. Great indie folk type stuff for relaxing (a modern day Nick Drake).

culturejam

Been listening to Opeth's Black Water Park a bit lately. It's really quite good.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Quote from: culturejam on May 22, 2013, 06:24:41 PM
Been listening to Opeth's Black Water Park a bit lately. It's really quite good.
Love love love Opeth
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

insomniac2295

A friend of mine just put out a new record that was produced by Matt Goldman (Underoath, Anberlin, Copeland). It takes a few listens because it's mostly non-repetitive. But it's been one of the best albums I've heard in a few years. You can stream the whole album for free on bandcamp:
http://music.theearthandeverythinginit.com/album/we-wander-at-night

He's a graphic designer, so he's also done some pretty sweet videos for some of the songs. There's a 3 video playlist on Youtube:

So far, my favorite track is the one from the second video, Dead Sea. Although, The Chalice has a pretty great chorus, IMO. Check 'em out though. I really dig them.

lincolnic

Quote from: whitebread47 on May 20, 2013, 10:35:20 PM
- Spirit Family Reunion - A gang from NYC who sound like they were raised on the set of O' Brother Where Art Thou.

Their banjo player is a friend of mine. Lovely girl.

davent

Side two of Weird Scenes Inside the Goldmine is currently spinning away on the turntable.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

ch1naski

Quote from: TNblueshawk on May 22, 2013, 01:47:16 PM
I am listening to a smoking hot doctor with a law degee to boot in my seminar I am in right now in Newport Beach California

The subject matter is boring but who cares!

:o   ;D   :o
a fellow so-cal-ite?
In Torrance, I am....:P

Derek Trucks, "Down In The Flood", from the album Roadsongs.

Un-freaking-believable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

gingataff

last night was a mix of   zappa, devin townsend and porcupine tree.

raulduke

Quote from: Bret608 on May 22, 2013, 02:28:52 PM
Tame Impala is what I brought to work today. Makes me want to build a phaser!

Yes!

Lonerism is one of the best produced albums I've heard in years.

David Friedmann is a pretty amazing producer IMO.

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams