News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I go back to this album at least once a month. This is the one that jumped out at me last night.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Keeping with the Canadian theme, ever since I picked up a 12 string electric, "Heaven's Coming Down" by the Tea Party has been in heavy rotation.  Man I miss seeing them live, something about three pieces, Tea Party, Rush, King's X......

On the blues side, "Blues Deluxe" and "Had to Cry Today" by Joe Bonamassa are also in regular rotation on my drive to and from work (got to love Deerfoot in the morning).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

I'll post a video for you Curt... Awesome song. Jeff Martin of Tea Party, like Ian Thornley from Big Wreck, is blessed with both a distinctive and excellent voice along with superior guitar skills. Man. I miss Toronto in the 90s.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Yeah, can't wait for the new TP album later this year.  And as much as I respect Ian Thornley's ability, he's got a long way to go to be Jeff.  Hard to believe it's been nine years since new music though.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

alanp

This one's a gimme, but what the hell. Django.

My luthier introduced me to Joscho and Emmanuel recently. I'm sure you saw my post.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

ChrisM

Quote from: GermanCdn on June 14, 2013, 10:39:14 AM
Keeping with the Canadian theme, ever since I picked up a 12 string electric, "Heaven's Coming Down" by the Tea Party has been in heavy rotation.  Man I miss seeing them live, something about three pieces, Tea Party, Rush, King's X......

On the blues side, "Blues Deluxe" and "Had to Cry Today" by Joe Bonamassa are also in regular rotation on my drive to and from work (got to love Deerfoot in the morning).
On a Canadian note I've recently discovered The Weakerthans and quite like them. Might be worth checking out if you're into the indie/rock of the north.

raulduke

On another Canadian note... I've been listening to Boards of Canada's new album recently.

Not many guitars on there, but they have their own unique (and often copied) sound.

Their music is always laidback, but there is always with a slightly sinister undertone IMO.

jimilee

I was listening to the new Sabbath album now I'm listening to Blues Traveler
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

Quote from: Cortexturizer on June 05, 2013, 08:18:58 AM

cortex, I should have known I'd like this if you posted it. Thanks for turning me on to these guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

alanp

I've heard _Trans Canada Highway_ (had to check; had Trans Europe Express flashbacks).

Quite liked it, but I thought there was a definite link back to early Autechre. (Later Autechre, if you're not into it, sounds terminally insane.) _Amber_.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

ch1naski

Someone mentioned Pixies in another thread....so, Doolittle.

one louder.

alanp

One Drop East, Salmonella Dub. New Zealand oldschool.

- Terry Pratchett
My website

ch1naski

Never heard of this guy until this thread....what are the odds?;D

one louder.

irmcdermott

New Sigur Ros. Pumped to go to the Atlanta show in October since I'm out of town the week before for the Nashville gig (surprise Father's Day gift)

But also released on Tuesday was the new one from a great (and fairly unknown) band from Arkansas called Canopy Climbers. Great songs, smart lyrics, and good guys. Album is "Miles"

Stream the whole album here

If you dig it, buy it here

alanp

I'm still lovin' the thick, FILTHY fuzz on "10am Automatic" on _Rubber Factory_. That plus the technical ability harnessing that tone.
- Terry Pratchett
My website