News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedalman

I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

DutchMF

Just heard this song on the radio, and it still makes me want to climb on the couch and dive off head first! Guano Apes, "Open your eyes"!!
http://youtu.be/UNo2-viKfW8
This song rocks so hard!!! Saw them at Pinkpop Festival in 2000, damn I'm getting old.....  :D

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

billstein

Trower baby! Though that could be because I just finished building a Harbinger. :)

alanp

My favourite song by them is a remix of 360 Aliendrop, that one's fun :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Beedoola

alanp

If you haven't seen this guitar, you haven't lived. He inspired Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, BB King, Pete Townsend... you get the idea.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

RobA

Quote from: alanp on June 21, 2013, 06:23:42 AM

If you haven't seen this guitar, you haven't lived. He inspired Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, BB King, Pete Townsend... you get the idea.
I've watched this clip so many times over the years. Every time I'm still amazed.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jkokura

Taking you back to 2005, but only sort of.

Both the original and this are unbelievable performances of a very moving piece.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jubal81

I think I just figured out what that Supreaux Deaux I just built is for ...

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

micromegas

This:

And every acid-funk lover should check the new John Scofield's CD. Truly amazing....
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

das234

Listening to Joe Robinson's CD I bought after seeing him live at Gearfest this weekend.  CD's ok but live he was outstanding.

davent

Local boy (although he's resides elsewhere now) with a huge voice and beard to match.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

RobA

This probably one of those not too infrequent cases of my living in a cave, isolated from the rest of the knowing world, but I've just discovered Oz Noy. From stuff like the link below to some pretty outside, effects drenched jazz, I'm really enjoying listening to him. Also, his playing in the jazz quartet BANN is pretty incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSw3D10ENyw
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

DutchMF

Haven't seen these guys around here:

saw them at a small club in my home town Utrecht last year, they kicked ass! My throat was soar from singing along to this very song. That is one cool chorus!!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"