News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aux sends module?

Started by HailToTheBlues, May 03, 2017, 01:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi guys,
For the studio i've been setting up for some time now, i will need eventually to set an headphone mix system so that musicians recording can actually hear each other and have specific volumes of each instrument in their headphones, but to do that i would a mixer with aux sends, atleast six, and since i use a usb interfaces and daw, i don't have any need for a mixing board. So i was thinking if there was any equipment with only aux sends to use for headphone mixing. Someting like the attached image with six inputs and six outputs, connecting the outputs of my interface to the input of the aux sends individually and then sending them through the outputs, all the way to the headphone amps. A bit like a module of the aux sends in a mixer, but without the pre/post option since it wouldn't have any faders at all. Is there anything like this available, or even a diy option? Any thoughts?

peterc

Could be an interesting project.

Might be a good idea to make all the ins and outs stereo for the can submixes.

Peter
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

Muadzin

I've got a Behringer XR-18 digital mixer with 16 combined XLR/jack inputs with Midas preamps that I can run into a DAW as a recording interface, which also has 6 aux sends.