News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Metulz and Fuzzez

Started by Martan, May 03, 2017, 07:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martan

Grind Customs Metal Trilogy:

Enclosures are burgundy 125B from pedalpartsplus. Graphics laser etched directly into the powder coat. Envirotex makes it shiny. Font is Augustus from dafont.com. Knobs came from Paul at diyguitarpedals (http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=432). Paul is great to deal with. Actually took knobs off his own builds to fill the order. I live in Kentucky and shipping from Australia was still fast and cheap, considering.

Madbean Mangler and Black Horse Effects Dual Fuzz

The Mangler has "the Continental" set of transistors from Small Bear. The Dual Fuzz is a Range Master treble booster clone and a FuzzFace. All transistors from Smallbear (OC75 for the TB and Continental for the FF. Can't remember where I got those fuzz knobs. Two things I learned: A properly biased Fuzz Face with good Germanium is a sublime experience. A treble booster (with a good tranny) is insanely great! Put it on a neck humbucker and get smoothness that cuts through like you wouldn't believe!

Marty

jimilee

Those are fantastic, I bet they do rock teh metulz
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

The trio are as clean and simple as it gets. Stellar work inside and out. I love the peppermint candy look of the fuzz. Color me impressed.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Martan

Thanks, guys! It's fun to cycle through the Metal trilogy (though my pick hande can't keep up:))

mrclean77

All of those are great - the trilogy especially tickles all my OCD receptors!!! Bonus points for answering every question I had about the trilogy as I scrolled down - you are a sir!!!

Boba7

Wow the Metal trilogy is spectacular!

Why did you chose to put the led in the center on the Aeons? :p

Great job, so clean.

Martan

Quote from: Boba7 on May 04, 2017, 06:10:33 AM

Why did you chose to put the led in the center on the Aeons? :p

Followed drill template with my hole punch without thinking, then placed head in hand and slowly shook it from left to right a few times:) 

m-Kresol

great builds. I really like the theme of the metal trio and thanks for giving all the details where you got the parts and font
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

wgc

love these, understated, elegant and metulz all at the same time
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

bluescage

Wow these are very nice and tidy! Great job!!

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

brejna

Awesome work! Love them all..

Adam_DIY

They look great I love the burgundy enclosures.