News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Very sad news

Started by madbean, May 05, 2017, 07:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martan

Very sad to hear. Seemed like a really great and genuine guy. Awesome builder, too.

archaos

Mehr Licht !

jkokura

I gotta say, this has hit me. I lost a co-worker here this week too. Funeral is on Tuesday.

I only interacted a little bit with Mark, but his work was top notch, and his help and influence on the forum will be missed in the long run. My condolences to his family, if they see this.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

I never know how to react to this type of information.  It's terrible.  RIP Mark.  I always enjoyed reading his posts, and I think I have a couple of his builds done.

It saddens me to realize I know of three people who have now taken this path, two of which in the last year. 
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 11, 2017, 09:21:41 AM
I never know how to react to this type of information.  It's terrible.  RIP Mark.  I always enjoyed reading his posts, and I think I have a couple of his builds done.

It saddens me to realize I know of three people who have now taken this path, two of which in the last year.

Yeah, this is the second in a few months for me.  The first was a family friend that I grew up with.  I still haven't reconciled why, and I'm not sure it will ever really make sense to me.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

timbo_93631

Very sad news.  My prayers and condolences as well.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

LaceSensor

Such a massive shame
He had bucketloads of talent

With a few other things going on in my life, Im so glad of a holiday tomorrow. Dont be worried I dont suffer from any mental health but everyone goes through periods where things can become overwhelming. In some cases a rest or a change is whats needed.

Haberdasher

Oh man, I'm just now seeing this. Such a shame.

On the few occasions I PM'ed with him, I could tell he was a good guy.  I know some of the questions I asked him about SMT must've been terribly n00bish, but he was always very gracious/patient.  I can't think of a single question I ever asked him where he didn't take the time to reply, and I remember remarking to myself how detailed he was in his responses.

His building skills have already been widely praised, and rightfully so.  I'll just agree with everyone else by saying his stuff was some of the best I've ever seen anywhere (I'll never forget that EQ).  Obviously a very creative & talented person who will be missed.

R.I.P.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

reddesert

That's a great shame.  I did not know him, but Bean, thank you for posting and for your heartfelt comments.

Superstereosix

RIP.
my feelings go out to all.
In Defense Of Humans
affiliations: No TV

maysink

Well, shit. Be well.
[nothing to see here]
-e

blearyeyes

This hits home for me. When I was younger I had a mentor in pro audio that I really cared for. He had to lay me off and I got angry. I refused to talk to him. He died in a car crash a few months later. This drags up the same feelings. Sorry I didn't get to know you Mark. I did a little through your work.

God's Speed.

Bruce

I am saddened by this news as well. Like everyone else, I admired Mark's work. May he rest in peace, and may his family also find peace.

Brian, thank you for passing this sad news along to the group.