News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE on Patreon - More great stuff

Started by Ralfg, May 09, 2017, 10:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralfg

I saw this morning that VFE is now on Patreon and it looks like he is currently offering his new VFE line of pedals with some pretty cool rewards like Eagle files, pcbs, and pedal kits.  What a great idea and kudos to him for sharing all these resources to educate people and the money goes to support the education.  I am totally in to support this and hope to learn a lot by doing so.

Here is the link:
https://www.patreon.com/vfepedals
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

Adam_DIY

madbean

mattc

Is the $80 kit a one time charge, or would I be signing up for $80 a month?  It's not clear to me...

selfdestroyer

Quote from: mattc on May 09, 2017, 03:27:41 PM
Is the $80 kit a one time charge, or would I be signing up for $80 a month?  It's not clear to me...

Its a one time charge.

Cody

lego4040

That's awesome and worth every penny. Not only are you getting a VFE pedal to build but you have the whole education process towards this next generation. These are the kids that'll be helping us with our future in the electronic world and our head scratching when we screw up a build. I'm in

madbean

VFEpedals

Just to clarify, my Patron site is setup to charge per creation (per pedal project). You can back one project, and then you'll have at least 2 months to decide if you want to back the next one.

In short, you're not signing up long term - you can cancel/change your pledge at any time. I expect a lot of turnover from project to project, which is why I am doing no more than one pedal project every 2 months.

The primary goal is to free up some of my time to focus on development on products and educational resources. The more I can synthesize what I do as a business with what I do as a teacher, the better I can be at both.

I'm excited to be able to teach business & pedal building for a full school year starting in September, and this Patron page is key to funding those classes. I don't want to charge the kids to be in the course, which is what I'd have to do if I had the school district pay for the supplies.
Peter Rutter
VFE Pedals
IDEA High School
peter@vfecustom.com

madbean

Excellent and worthy endeavour. I've hoped for many years that someone would start a program like this at the middle/high school level.

aion

Adam_DIY

Right after he just signed up too.

Adam_DIY

So just had an email asking which pedal I want for my first reward and I honestly can't decide. Does anyone else who signed up know what you're going for yet?

Ralfg

I went with the Dragon. I actually got the Standout from the Kickstarter a while back. Pretty cool pedal.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

Adam_DIY

I'm leaning towards the Dragon too but think I should get one of the others cause I'm coming down with Drive pedals and don't have anything like the other two.

tcpoint

I feel like an ass stuck between two bales of hay.  In this case, three bales of hay.  Can't make up my mind.  Kind of leaning towards the pinball because I don't have anything quite like it.  (At least for now).