News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flabulanche

Started by Rockhorst, May 14, 2017, 12:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhorst

I've had this PCB around for a while, decided to finally build and box it up. The holes on the pcb for the switch are a bit tights, I didn't have a switch with pcb pins, so I butchered a switch with loops instead. Fired up the first time, although I disliked the first sound test. Very shrill sounding. Turns out I had biased Q3 at 1.3 V and didn't spot the dot. Rebiased at 13V it sounds a looooooot better. Reminds me a bit of the plexi drive (but nicer). I think I prefer the compression switch on 'high'. If I were to build it again, I'd probably hardwire that in. Can't fault the color scheme, love it. I got a custom stamp made with my MXR-spoof logo. Looks really nice IMO. Here's the inside and outside:

p.s. lots of other builds coming up soon ;)

gtr2

Looks fantastic!
Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

midwayfair

Always fun to see one in the wild!

The lower compression settings are sometimes more useful in a band setting, so if you test it out live you may find the switch useful after all :)

Boba7

Philthy

looks great!
Stamps for lettering? Where did you buy them if you don't mind me asking?

alanp

That logo stamp is really slick.

I also like your wiring :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Rockhorst

Quote from: Philthy on May 14, 2017, 04:23:23 PM
Stamps for lettering? Where did you buy them if you don't mind me asking?
Perused Ebay for a bit and got various boxes of letter stamps from various UK craft stores. The custom stamp (I have a few more that will pop up in builds soon) where made by stempelfabriek.nl.

@Midwayfair: thanks for the tip. It's very true that what sounds good in your bedroom sounds very different in a band setting.

I decided the letter T was not good enough, so I redid it. For other Stazon users: denatured alcohol can erase most of the stamp and leaves the powder coat alone. It does leave a little bit of an imprint/residue but if you place the new stamp over it, it's well camouflaged.

Boba7

Quote from: Rockhorst on May 15, 2017, 02:34:20 AM
I decided the letter T was not good enough, so I redid it. For other Stazon users: denatured alcohol can erase most of the stamp and leaves the powder coat alone. It does leave a little bit of an imprint/residue but if you place the new stamp over it, it's well camouflaged.

That's really good to know thanks!!

bluescage

Adam_DIY