News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

All of my guitars

Started by jimilee, May 21, 2017, 07:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

As near as I can tell, this is all of my guitars. I shot it for insurance purposes, so they're not glamorous, but they get the job done. I figure, it would take about 2 hours to pull them all out and put them in 1 room to photograph, and that's just too much of a commitment. I counted 39, I'm pretty sure I got them all.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PaulL

That is a hellava collection you have there. Supa stuff.

jimilee

Quote from: PaulL on May 21, 2017, 10:41:18 AM
That is a hellava collection you have there. Supa stuff.
Thank you, I feel like it's a bit out of hand, also, now I'd love to have a Hendrix strat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Adam_DIY

Nice collection which one gets the most playtime?  I've seriously downsized my own set just keeping the ones I actually use.  I think I'm down to 6 now

pickdropper

Great collection, Jimi.  There's some cool stuff in there.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Quote from: Adam_MD on May 21, 2017, 03:15:12 PM
Nice collection which one gets the most playtime?  I've seriously downsized my own set just keeping the ones I actually use.  I think I'm down to 6 now
Honestly, just whatever is closest, I have about 11 on hangers around the house
For lack of storage, but it's usually a strat and the explorer that I built.

nzCdog

Woah :o 8)
That 32 all up?  Your guitars come from a big family

GermanCdn

I approve of this message.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

madbean

That's freakin awesome. What's the acoustic bass? I need one of those someday.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on May 23, 2017, 02:35:55 PM
That's freakin awesome. What's the acoustic bass? I need one of those someday.
It's an ibanez, my brother bought it so we could do acoustic shows.

wgc

Great collection!  Nice mementos from your bro too. 

FYI I was interested in a Hendrix strat too but wasn't so impressed when I played it. Might be just a dud but I suspect marketing trickery.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

Quote from: wgc on May 23, 2017, 04:51:28 PM
Great collection!  Nice mementos from your bro too. 

FYI I was interested in a Hendrix strat too but wasn't so impressed when I played it. Might be just a dud but I suspect marketing trickery.
I read up on the theory behind the reason he preferred a right handed guitar in addition to the lack of left handed guitars. Pretty interesting, albeit, an acquired taste and I will never sound like Hendrix.

wgc

Yeah, I knew about that but really it was just a mediocre guitar with out the attention to detail you'd expect for the money. I realize we're a bit spoiled with the things they can do now vs then but at the least you'd expect it to sound/play pretty good. I'd say you should try one but I personally wasn't impressed. I'll never sound like Hendrix either...
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

neve1272

:o
holy balls how do you decide what to play?
Kip

WormBoy

He, is that a Gibson The Paul?