News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Epiphone artist Hummingbird artist

Started by lego4040, May 28, 2017, 11:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lego4040

Guys, I was given a nice Epi Hummingbird minus some parts. NECK is still a little twisted but getting better since I started working on it. I bought used correct tuners, a bone nut and saddle which are both compensated. I strung it up and adjusted the truss and within one day it's much better. The bridge pins are plastic crappy ones that come with guitar and I'm thinking either brass or bone? Any Thought thoughts, I also have to adjust the nut saddle string height  :-\

gordo

That looks nice.  The bone nut and saddle make a difference but I've never found much difference with bridge pins.  I have really crappy acoustics though.  I think it's more aesthetics than anything.  Maybe some nice Graphtech's?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

lego4040

Sounds fantastic with bone nut and saddle but needs attention. This guitar sat for two years with no strings and probably not the best environment. I did basic setup and in two days the neck was better, I know this body is begging for moisture due to the fact of the sunken area where the neck meets and goes over body. Thank god for the internets and so many YouTube help. I have a moist rag in a bowl sitting inside guitar, I also sealed the sound hole so moisture can't get out. I'll let it sit for a couple of days and keep an eye on