News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Queen of Bones 2 / King of Tone

Started by Marshall Arts, June 01, 2017, 05:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

Diodes (hard to get) and knobs arrived  :)

Marshall Arts

Finshed the QoB2 today, with everything prepared, this did not take more than a couple of hours and worked right away. Everything fit perfectly.

Overall, it sounds very good - I am driving a clean channel (!) of an ENGL amp with it and run the red side (stage 1) as a more or less clean boost that I intend to leave always on and the yellow side (stage 2) as an overdrive.

For this scenario, the pure boost yet cannot compare with my Katana boost, which has more bass, which is most likely a result of its bigger input capacitor. I will try to socket the input cap of the QoB's red side for that purpose and will also try to change the feedback loop resistor of the second stage of the red side (R9) for a bit more boost on tap. Any other suggestions or mods somebody has done to this circuit?

P.S. I still have Katana PCB's available, see  http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=25099.msg244381#msg244381;-))

Marshall Arts

I love stamping my pedals...

But the stamps obviously must not be too fine, looking at the ornament...

Anyway... I leave it like that, you get the idea :-)

stringsthings

Looks very nice to me!   I might have to check out some of those stamps.
All You Need Is Love

Marshall Arts

Thanks!  Stamp sets are available cheap. The tricky part is to get the lacquer onto them evenly - I usually roll it out on or spay a thin coat onto glass and very carefully dip the stamps in.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J120FN mit Tapatalk

nzCdog

Its big and purple and lurvely! ;D
Nice job :D