News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What I have been working on the last year or so...(picture heavy)

Started by peAk, June 03, 2017, 06:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Hi guys, thought I would show you guys what I have been doing the last year and a half or so.

Rather than create a thread for every project that I have worked on, I thought I would just lump them all together in one.

MiniMoog Model D Clone (Crowminius)

This was something I worked on over a year ago. What a PITA is was. I think this is one of those projects where anything that could go wrong, DID go wrong. In the end, and after many frustrating long nights, I got it working and it's absolutely amazing. I think had I not done offboard wiring, things would have went much smoother. Shut it Alan!

Mod Wave Tube Spring Reverb

Here's an awesome tube spring reverb DIY that I did a few months ago. If you are into that HUUUUUGE surf spring reverb sound, I definitely recommend this. It's definitely over the top so probably not everyone's cup of tea.

Wasp Synth Clone (Jasper)

I love synths. All kinds of synths and this one is no exception. This was probably one of the funnest DIY projects I have ever worked on. No issues at all, fired up right away. Really unique synth and a lot of fun to play.

My Home Studio

I totally redid my whole studio. We were getting new floors in the house, including the studio, so I decided to lay everything out the way I had been wanting to. Now playing, recording, working on projects, just 100% better. Everything is layed out the exact way I wanted. Fun times.

Here is some requested info for some of these projects if you guys are interested.

Minimoog (Crowminius)

While this thing is great when it's up and running, I can't really recommend the build for a couple of reasons. One, he never created build documents for this thing so you have to search through like 40 forum pages to figure things out. It was just way too much of a headache IMO. Unless you are electronic wizard, which I am not, I can't say I enjoyed building this one. Of course I am happy now, but with the new Minimoog clone coming out from Behringer, it may just be cheaper and easier to go that route. YMMV

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135211

https://cs80-com.myshopify.com/products/crowminius-v1-1-bare-board-batch-1-special-pre-order

Wasp (Jasper)

Not sure if Jason is still selling these but I imagine he is. Super fun build, amazing build docs. Overall just a great DIY project. No crazy components but I did get a few components with my PCBs from Jason that were some special rotatary switches. Not sure if he still has that "kit" and/or how hard they are to source yourself. Also, I got on a group by for the yellow knobs. Not sure if there are any ongoing group buys for those currently. You will also need to fab up a case for it which I have not down yet.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151625

Mod Tube Spring Reverb

Awesome build docs with this one. Pretty simple build, thing is built like a tank. Lethal voltages so definitely be careful on this one. Everything you need is included in the kit. You could source everything yourself and maybe save some $$$ but they dont sell the chasis separately so you'd have to figure that one out by yourself. I didn't mind buying the kit cause there not too many components that I already had besides a few resistors and capacitors. 

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/effects-kit-mod-kits-wave-spring-reverb

jalmonsalmon

WOW
Most impressive! I can see how it took so long to get that minimoog up and running! ALOT going on there.
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

BrianS

That mini moog might have put me in the loony bin.  As I've said before some of the things that people build on here are just extremely impressive.  Everything you've done is just phenomenal.

flanagan0718

Well shit man! WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stringsthings

Nice studio!

I still haven't finished my Crowminius.  The offboard wiring is so painful.  At one point, I had all the pots
and switches connected with wires and they were too short.  So now I have to re-do all those wires .... total pita.
At least the board is tested and functional.    I've set it aside while I work on more enjoyable projects.
All You Need Is Love

alanp

Great stuff! All we need now is for you to post your first Eurorack build, and then your descent into the Da--er, Synth Side is complete!

I really need to look into getting a set of boards for the Wasp clone.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

somnif

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bluescage

bcalla

I would like to see you move on to some advanced builds  :)

The MiniMoog scares the crap out of me, but the Jasper looks almost reasonable.  Was it expensive?  Where did you get it?

matmosphere

davent

Incredible setup and great space! Do you ever leave it, i could see being lost for days at a time in there, terrific!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS