News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Twin Peaks Tremolo

Started by Ralfg, June 04, 2017, 07:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralfg

Finally got around to building my Twin Peaks PCB and this thing is awesome.  This is my first successful reverse etch.  I used a font that pretty sparse, which gives it a cool vibe but I think next time I do a reverse etch I'll use a more solid font.  Also might not etch as long as I did.  Technique was toner transfer, sort of bounced it in Ferric Chloride for a while and then wet sanded it for a bit to clean it up.

And yes, I know, Base vs Bass... I have many skills, but spelling is not one of them. 

Might change the knobs, any suggestions?

Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

PhiloB

Looks super cool!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stringsthings

That's a really nice build!
All You Need Is Love

PaulL

Very nice build. As the knobs are clear could you try spray painting the insides black, so you have a mix of black and clear?

bcalla

flanagan0718

DAMN! That looks fantastic!. The new layout looks cool too.

-Mike-

jimilee

I love it it. <insert base player joke here>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

That looks really neat, kinda relic looking. 

Aleph Null

Great etch. Clear knobs look great on this build.

selfdestroyer

Looks as if it was a relic found on the moon and I love it. Also it's a damn good trem and mine gets plenty of use! One of my fav things about it is the square setting and making rhythmic patterns and looping it on the Dito for a beat track.

Cody

bluescage

m-Kresol

that is georgeous. love the relic vibe you've achieved
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

brejna

brucer

I think it looks great.  Wouldn't change the knobs myself.  You've got me thinking maybe I should dust of the 2-layer PCB I picked up in the first group buy and try it out!

chuckd666

Does anyone have one of these PCBs? Maybe I'll just email him again...