News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Aquaboys - Aquaboy and Aquaboy - BL

Started by Ralfg, June 10, 2017, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralfg

Here are a pair of Aquaboys. 

First up is the Aquaboy PCB, I jumped on the etch face plate band wagon because its just a great idea, looks great, and the enclosure I got from Pedal Parts Plus enclosure sale made we wonder how I could get some artwork on it.  I used a Road Rage to up it to 15 volts.  Kinda tight in there but worked out and sounds great too.

Up next is the Aquaboy - BL from the Etcher's Paradise.  Also sounds great.  The ghost switch option does not work, so I removed the wires for that.  I also took some artwork my girlfriend had lying around and etched that on the enclosure. 

Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

madbean

Both look great! On the Ghost Switch - it may be that the 100k resistor is too high a value. It was just a guess.

zombiesonore

Very nice builds! Both look great and clean but I prefer the Aquaboy - BL, I love the artwork.

gordo

Those both look really cool.  The etched plate looks nice and square with a clean border lined up with the edges.  That's the toughest part and yours looks arrow straight.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

diablochris6

They both look great. I dig the hammertone paint on the first and artwork on the second. Very different executions, but both have fantastic results.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Boba7

Really cool! Love the first one especially, so nice, really great job!

Ralfg

Quote from: madbean on June 10, 2017, 02:26:13 PM
Both look great! On the Ghost Switch - it may be that the 100k resistor is too high a value. It was just a guess.

I'll have to give that a try.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll try it on my next build.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

Matt

Matt

LJangel

Very nice.  I really dig the top plate on the Aquaboy!