News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy deluxe not too dark

Started by harpplayer, June 15, 2017, 07:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpplayer

Hi there! I have with me a 2013 aquaboy dx. I like it, but today I compared it side to side with a DM2. The repeats on the boss are much thicker and on the dark side whereas mine are more clear and a bit before it enters the self oscilation territory it just sounds cricket like. The repetitions are thinner and very mid frequency. I tried the dd2 hi cut mod but it is probably best to tweak the LP filter between the second bbd and the 571 expander, right? Can anyone give me some tips on how to do that?

harpplayer

Btw, mine uses two mn3005's. Calibration was done by ear,.but I don't think the bias would make as much difference as I perceived.

harpplayer

Ok! Just in case anyone have the same symptons such as thin/middy/cricket like repetitions specially prior to self oscilation, here is what I did. You can tweak (on the 2015 aquaboy dx version) C22 and/or C24 for slightly higher values - those are in the filter portion of the circuit, after the bbd and prior to the expander. I used 3n9 and 1n8, respectively, and now it sounds much more like a DM2, thick and cavernous. The delayed signal is slightly quieter now, but I´d never use more than unity gain on it.

I am pretty sure this is similar to what JHS does to this pedal. but goes even further on the dark side.

So there it goes!