Main Menu

Lectric FX Countdown build

Started by gordo, June 20, 2017, 08:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

gordo

Quote from: somnif on June 21, 2017, 12:18:38 PM
Ok, can I just say.... I would have killed if I had known there were 10-turn trimmers that fit the 3362 footprint when I was building my Flanger. Would have made my life so much easier.

Ditto.  They're a bit overkill for this project because the settings aren't that twitchy.  I've built a lot where even breathing knocks the value way out of whack.  They're a nice footprint and I like the fact that they adjust from the top.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Haberdasher

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 21, 2017, 12:33:03 PM
When will these be available??

Just popped into the website store and they were nowhere to be found  :-[
They're not in the store yet because the build doc isn't quite finished yet.  I have the pcb's here though, so it shouldn't be too much longer.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Haberdasher on June 22, 2017, 05:57:47 AM
They're not in the store yet because the build doc isn't quite finished yet.  I have the pcb's here though, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

If there is no doc and they are not in the stores, how did it get built? I mean to say... how did someone get one? Was there a giveaway? How does one get on the list to get one early?

I would have LOVED to get one of these built :)

bsoncini

Any chance you can tell us what pot values are in there. I'm about to make an order. I feel like Everytime I order stuff. Someone comes out with something that I wanna build right after and hafta make another order.

The ic's I don't really care. Can get those locally if I don't have them stocked.

Haberdasher

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 22, 2017, 09:34:13 AM
Quote from: Haberdasher on June 22, 2017, 05:57:47 AM

If there is no doc and they are not in the stores, how did it get built? I mean to say... how did someone get one? Was there a giveaway? How does one get on the list to get one early?

I would have LOVED to get one of these built :)
Ah, those 2 guys were buying something else off me at the time (Distortion II prototype pcb's).  This phaser got mentioned in PM's and it just kind of ended up happening that I sold them each one.  I thought it was a good opportunity to have a couple of other guys build it to see what they thought before they went on sale.
I wasn't trying to exclude anyone else though, and I hope it doesn't seem like that to anyone.

Quote from: bsoncini on June 22, 2017, 11:28:51 AM
Any chance you can tell us what pot values are in there. I'm about to make an order. I feel like Everytime I order stuff. Someone comes out with something that I wanna build right after and hafta make another order.

The ic's I don't really care. Can get those locally if I don't have them stocked.
Sure man, here's the entire BOM https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nbhUk8TMNXGtEA-CRsTDQWJH8DCbCx61y6obHeRwlkE/edit#gid=1831824126
You may also need a 5v regulator for setup purposes.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Haberdasher on June 22, 2017, 11:32:38 AM
I wasn't trying to exclude anyone else though, and I hope it doesn't seem like that to anyone.

No worries on my part. I am just more jealous than anything.  ::)

czapa tranzystor 2

Scruffie

You wont :)

I'll try and get the build set up section done by Monday.
Works at Lectric-FX

Haberdasher

Quote from: Scruffie on June 22, 2017, 12:23:40 PM
You wont :)

I'll try and get the build set up section done by Monday.
Cool, can't wait to see what you'e got cooked up.
And there you have it, they will probably be up for sale on Monday :D

/huge hijack

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

KingDaddy

Drooling here... Fantastic build, this is going on the list, for sure!!

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Matt

Nice work and build report. Hmm. Now I want to build one
Matt

gordo

Thanks everyone. I'm clearing out my backlog of boards but this one I jumped all over. I finally finished a Pangea. It had me spooked enough that as long as it wasn't finished it wasn't a fail. If that makes any sense. In the end both boards went together withou issue and fired right up.

The Countdown and Echoflanger, as big as they are (they take up a quarter of my board), aren't going anywhere any time soon.

I've been waiting most patiently for Aion's Boss DC clone that should drop shortly so I'm just out of my mind with pedals I couldn't afford and have lusted after for better than half my life :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?