News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

deathklaw delay

Started by oip, June 26, 2017, 05:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oip

hey folks

finished this pedal today.  been a big week of building after about a month off - finally sent out big parts order, and just got the packages from tayda and small bear so i have a lot to do..

the build of this one went almost perfect from the circuit side, but the etching gave me trouble and there was too much paint for the (lack of) depth of the etch.  oh well.  i still love ya little guy.  i thought i might have to audition various PT2399s but they worked fine first time.  i've never built using them before.

really nice circuit, love the sound and the PCB design is fantastic.

next up is the slow loris rat and a preamp from aion, and probably a couple of vero builds.  i got a belton brick i really want to build an interesting reverb with.

cheers!

gordo

Nicely done!  The artwork on that etch is very clever.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

m-Kresol

turned out fantastic, love the etch and distressed look
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Boba7

It does look really nice! Love the color/look/feel of this build!

alanp

Nice art and internals! :)

How is the power jack held on? I can't see a nut...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

oip

many thanks all!

the power jack, well.  it's jammed against the corner of the enclosure so much that the nut doesn't fit, and i also drilled the hole i think 1 step too big.  so ended up using a washer from the stomp switch to superglue it to the outside of the enclosure.  also realised after drilling i had put it on the wrong side, would have been much easier on the non-LED side.  learning experiences..

selfdestroyer

Addy Bart

nzCdog

That's really tidy, great build.  I need to hear a demo of these!

oip

thanks guys!

not sure how to describe the sound as i've never heard a PT2399 delay before this.  it's murky and lo-fi in a good way compared to a typical pristine digital delay, also there is no modulation that i can hear.  haven't tried cranking the feedback yet (already pushing it with the neighbours)