News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

No name Fuzz

Started by mjg, June 20, 2017, 09:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

This is a Fuzz face variant with a MOSFET in the 2nd transistor spot.  It's a bit insane when you turn the fuzz pot all the way up.  I originally got the schematic for this on muzique.com 

This is the first pedal that I've built for someone other than a family member.  Achievement unlocked!

My wife's boss wanted a pedal, so he borrowed all of my fuzz pedals, and picked out this one as his favourite, and commissioned me to build one.  I charged for parts plus added a small fee that didn't really cover my time at all.

He also wanted an internal battery - I've not done that for a while, I'd forgotten how much extra wiring is needed to add all the battery switching.   

Nothing fancy with the graphics, he wanted it plain. 

And a photo of my soldering 'helper'

mjg

Oh, and the other stomp switch changes the input capacitor between 103 and 104.  I've also added in a simple tone control after the fuzz.  Because more knobs and switches equals better, right?

Boba7

Very nice! I really like the simple look of it. I'm sure he's gonna be really happy with it!!

flanagan0718

looks great! Sometimes the simpler the graphics the better.

You cat looks SUPER amused... ::)

mjg

That cat face says "Look at what I helped to build, I'm super proud of myself, can I have some food now?"

wgc

Looks great, hope he gives her more $$ at review time
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

hylandren

I am always impressed by anyone who can make their own board and get a working pedal out of it! And I dig the minimalist look of the enclosure as well.
To me, the cat looks like she/he is looking at you and thinking "Silly human...I would kill and eat you if I could!"

nzCdog

Cool build, I like the simple style, it's effective. 
Cool cat too!  That picture brings back memories of my first cat Syd.  A look of contentment :)