News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schematic connections for 3PDT and batt etc

Started by padaroo, June 25, 2017, 01:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

padaroo

Hi Guys

I've spent a fair bit of time trying to work out the schematic connections between the battery, DC jack, and 3PDT switch - attached is a photo of the diptrace schematic and the GGG Pdf sheet I'm trying to work from. Are these connections right or have I mixed them up?

Thanks in advance - Sam.

Fabei

You have to swap battery and positive voltage wires on the DC jack I think. Look at the link:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oNCRd1OXiV8/VX1VE3EG-wI/AAAAAAAAFPA/0fH31CwE64E/s1600/just-dc-jack-03.jpg

you have to solder the wire from the battery to pin 3: it's going to be disconnected as soon as you insert the dc plug.

The others are correct: when you insert the In jack it will short Ring and Sleeve connecting the wire from the DC jack to GND, this way the pedal is active only when the input jack is connected.

If you dont plan onusing battery you can obv. discard this part

alanp

The input jack switches the ground for the battery on and off, effectively (ring and sleeve.) Battery ground is only connected with a mono jack in the Input.

The DC jack switches the +9V for the battery on and off (battery on with nothing inserted, battery disconnected with something inserted into the dc jack.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website