News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

silverfox and snarkdoodle builds

Started by lloyd17, August 29, 2011, 02:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd17

Can't think of a better first post than some builds so here they are! Thanks to Madbean and Haberdasher for the PCB's, so much neater and easier than perf or strip.

This is my silverfox/LTD with external mids control and socketed tone resistor for tweaking fun. I have settled on a 33k for lots of tone sweep without really screwing with the sound of the pedal. It's like a pint sized single channel half gainer, I love it.

Here is a red llama with boost toggle. No guts at the moment, I'll post em up when I open the sucker again.

Haberdasher

Wow, super-neat builds!
You've got me wanting to redo my Silverfox now.  My tone control has very little sweep.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

I really like the silver "silverfox"  The snarkdoodles cool too.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

lloyd17

Thanks guys, they're pretty much the first pedals I have built minus little boosts and buffers and such. Glad I learned to solder and wire when I was a kid, who knew it would come in handy later!?!

@Hab: upon further testing such a low tone resistor value does screw with the sound of the pedal, especially the peak/sweep of the mids pot it seems. Likely should have socketed the 1.8k and possibly the 100pf silver mica as well per Dave Barber's suggestion. I went back to a 100k for the tone resistor which gives a bit better tone sweep than stock and keeps the mids close to where they should be. I'm planning to buy another board and build it up closer to LTD SR specs [with internal mids and some clipping options for stacking friendliness] as the silverfox with 100k gets pretty dang close to the silver and standard LTD's.

nzCdog

Nice builds man... whered'ya get thse LED bezels?