News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Countdown Phaser

Started by Jules, July 12, 2017, 05:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Very interesting Phaser, definitely as strange as the ADA flanger and quite flange like for a phaser.
I would recommend using the expression jack, very strange sounds.
Great project

bsoncini

Nice build. Definitely a cool sounding pedal. I need to get my hands on an expression pedal. I haven't seen any videos of this pedal with one. 

Its hard to see in the picture. Did you use shielded cable on the input and output wires? Mine had a bit of ticking until I did that.

alanp

Quote from: bsoncini on July 12, 2017, 07:56:23 AM
Its hard to see in the picture. Did you use shielded cable on the input and output wires? Mine had a bit of ticking until I did that.

All the krazy-kool top (mount) cats are gonna hate me for saying this, but normal pedal PCB flow doesn't lend itself to tick-free top-mount, with I/O at the bottom of the PCB (3PDT, etc) and jacks at the top, with wires running all over that lovely, clock and signal having board.

Jules, I love how you always get this complex stuff done with seemingly no hassles, before most people :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Jules

Thanks Alan, it is only in pretty recent times I have been building these bigger projects with regular success at all! How are you going with that Biphase project you had in the works a while ago?

You know I haven't noticed any ticking from my Countdown Phaser whatsoever.
I used a tiny little SMD Opto bypass from Thcustoms instead of a 3pdt but That shouldn't make any difference anyway.

gordo

Nice build!  I like the random lettering and the guts look great.  I haven't tried an expression pedal (mostly cuz I can't chew gum and walk at the same time) but will have to look into it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

nzCdog

Congrats!  Those big builds always make me nervous, but you've dominated... Looks great in and out 8)

Boba7

Very nice! Love the look (obviously I love stamps) and the guts are perfect.

I really want to build one someday... :)

selfdestroyer

Damn, that came out clean. I envy all you guys and your huge builds!

Cody

Haberdasher

Looks great Jules, thanks for posting!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bsoncini

I'll just piggy back off your build report.  This was a pretty easy build even though it is so big.  No finding the right ldr's or matching jfets.  Really good sounding too. I had a little bit of ticking, not too bad but got loud with the od so i cut some old crappy rca cables and shielded the wires.  Almost dead quiet now