News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hey friends. It's been a while

Started by Leevibe, July 15, 2017, 08:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Hey.

I just wanted to drop a line in to say hi to my MB buds since it's been forever. There's no real reason for not being active around here other than just other stuff in life that's had my attention. Then it starts to feel like it's going to be a bunch of work to get caught back up with all the posts I've missed.

I got the photobucket shakedown email the other day and that was enough to make me want to hop on and see if others were seeing the same thing. Well, thanks photobucket. I needed the kick in the pants to get back here and see what my friends are up to. Sorry I won't be sending you 400 bucks. Or any bucks.

I'm slowly churning through some builds but I don't have anything to show yet. It could be a while too. Hopefully this fall I'll have something worth posting.

Bought me a 3D printer kit. (Anet A8) It's on its way from China. I'm looking forward to playing with that. I'm sure it will be frustrating and fun.

The only other thing I've been geeking out over lately is buying plants and trees for my place. I guess I'm doing landscaping but that's kind of a strong word for it. I love it though.

My wife and I were out in Stomptown's neck of the woods this past week so they invited us over for a BBQ and I got to see what he's been working on. I won't spill the beans, but Jon has not been idle. I hope he posts soon.

peace out

jubal81

Good to see ya, bud. Can't blame you for spending time outside. Not used to these winters and it really makes you appreciate nice weather.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got cooking.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

davent

Good to see you're doing well Lee!

Hadn't realized you were a photobucket victim as well, i feel your frustration, frustrated but liberated as their service had become abysmal and appeared to be no different for paid accounts so we can find something better and wipe them from memory.

All the best, looking forward to seeing what's up next!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

midwayfair

Michaelcorleon.mp4

But seriously, good to hear from you :)

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

nzCdog

Hey Leevibe!  Hows that Hammond goin?  ;D

Leevibe

Thanks guys. It's good to be back.

Quote from: jubal81 on July 15, 2017, 09:36:44 AM
Good to see ya, bud. Can't blame you for spending time outside. Not used to these winters and it really makes you appreciate nice weather.

We had a crazy wet spring in our part of the state. The last several weeks have been amazing though. I'm finding myself becoming addicted to hostas, and Japanese maples are now a full on affliction.

Quote from: davent on July 15, 2017, 10:38:47 AM
Hadn't realized you were a photobucket victim as well, i feel your frustration, frustrated but liberated as their service had become abysmal and appeared to be no different for paid accounts so we can find something better and wipe them from memory.

Yeah. Not sure what the next move is. It doesn't make sense to me. Why not at least grandfather in the photos that are already hosted and charge for future stuff. It sucks. I don't have the energy to care much about it at this point. Hopefully a good solution will present itself.

Quote from: culturejam on July 15, 2017, 01:00:16 PM
Welcome back!

Thanks CJ. My printer kit showed up yesterday. I probably won't be putting it together for a while because of other stuff I need to do but I'm sure I'll have questions.

Quote from: nzCdog on July 15, 2017, 08:11:49 PM

The Hammond is rockin! I'm onto a bigger Leslie than the one I started with. The upper fast motor isn't coming up to speed until it's warmed up, so I think it has some old gummy oil in it. Other than that, it's working perfectly! Thanks for asking.

beneharris

Welcome back, Lee! Glad everything is going well for you guys!

nzCdog

Quote from: Leevibe on July 16, 2017, 08:19:13 AM

Quote from: nzCdog on July 15, 2017, 08:11:49 PM

The Hammond is rockin! I'm onto a bigger Leslie than the one I started with. The upper fast motor isn't coming up to speed until it's warmed up, so I think it has some old gummy oil in it. Other than that, it's working perfectly! Thanks for asking.

Awesome to hear!  Did you ever post demos?  Sorry, it's prolly an annoying request. I really enjoyed following your restoration thread.  :)

somnif

Quote from: Leevibe on July 16, 2017, 08:19:13 AM

Quote from: davent on July 15, 2017, 10:38:47 AM

Yeah. Not sure what the next move is. It doesn't make sense to me. Why not at least grandfather in the photos that are already hosted and charge for future stuff. It sucks. I don't have the energy to care much about it at this point. Hopefully a good solution will present itself.

Personally I suggest Imgur. Its a bit flaky with mobile uploads (its app isn't spectacular), but that's about the only problem I see regularly reported with it. You could also try google photos or flickr.

If your desperate you could even try imageshack (was never my favorite for webhosting, but it was better than nothing). It looks suspiciously like flickr these days though, oddly enough, wonder if they've finally figure out they need to get with the times and are hopping on the closest bandwagon.

Marshall Arts

Good to hear from you, Lee ;-)

I would like to add THIS service to the list of image hosters: https://postimages.org

If you get an account (free), you also have control of your images should you decide to no longer share them...

peAk

Hi Lee,

Good to see you back.

I am a landscaping/plant freak as well. One of my other main hobbies. We'll have to talk about it sometime.

Anyway, welcome back.

Leevibe

Quote from: Marshall Arts on July 26, 2017, 08:49:25 AM
Good to hear from you, Lee ;-)

I would like to add THIS service to the list of image hosters: https://postimages.org

If you get an account (free), you also have control of your images should you decide to no longer share them...

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely check it out along with imgur.

Quote from: peAk on July 26, 2017, 07:06:14 PM
Hi Lee,

Good to see you back.

I am a landscaping/plant freak as well. One of my other main hobbies. We'll have to talk about it sometime.

Anyway, welcome back.

Thanks Justin. Cool! I can't afford to be too into landscaping but I sure do love hunting for the stuff I like and putting it in the ground and waiting for it to get big.

lars

Hey!
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....