News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Acapulco gold schematic

Started by Tuxedo3, July 20, 2017, 10:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuxedo3

Very interested in making a PCB clone of this (I'm not a vero-builder, I like to make my own PCB's) does anyone have a well labelled schematic of it?

kgull

There are a couple of schematics here that are at least inspired by the Acapulco Gold. Looks like it would be pretty straight forward to trace from the vero layout at http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2015/11/earthquaker-devices-acapulco-gold.html though.

If you do end up tracing, you can always post your schematic here for a sanity check.

selfdestroyer

Tuxedo3

Those are both great resources guys, I appreciate that.

beneharris

I am so torn on this circuit. I've built a board of my own, and built 2 different vero layouts. I CANNOT for the life of me get rid of the squeal when the volume is all the way up. It is all kinds of fun, but I'd like it a lot more if I could get rid of that dang noise.

I'd be happy to send you one of mine if you want to build on a board instead of vero.

Tuxedo3

Quote from: beneharris on July 22, 2017, 05:11:16 PM
I am so torn on this circuit. I've built a board of my own, and built 2 different vero layouts. I CANNOT for the life of me get rid of the squeal when the volume is all the way up. It is all kinds of fun, but I'd like it a lot more if I could get rid of that dang noise.

did you happen to look at the link that selfdestroyer posted? there is a response that says to put a 22k resistor between the output cap and the volume pot which would decrease the overall volume but most likely eliminate the squeal.

Tuxedo3

Also along these lines, I'm interested in possibly adding a gain control to this schematic. Has anyone played around with that idea?

beneharris

Quote from: Tuxedo3 on July 24, 2017, 10:48:39 AM
Also along these lines, I'm interested in possibly adding a gain control to this schematic. Has anyone played around with that idea?

I've done that, it works really well, actually. I've only done it by adding it to the front of the circuit. I would eventually like to give a shot to putting it on the IC, and changing the gain that way.

beneharris

Quote from: Tuxedo3 on July 24, 2017, 10:48:39 AM
did you happen to look at the link that selfdestroyer posted? there is a response that says to put a 22k resistor between the output cap and the volume pot which would decrease the overall volume but most likely eliminate the squeal.

I haven't done that, thanks for the tip, though it seems to defeat the purpose of the schematic. The one from EQD doesn't have that, and it doesn't have the squeal that all of the versions I've tried have had. I just need to buy one and figure it out.