News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Light up 3pdt footswitches

Started by chromesphere, July 20, 2017, 11:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Received this from Daier, I'm on their mailing list.  Good to see something new in the 3pdt market.  Time will tell as far as reliability goes.  The 3pdt aluminium colored nuts also look pretty cool, something different at least.  I wonder if this idea was pinched from somewhere else or if this is a Daier "innovation"  :o   

I'm sure you will see some the usual suspects carrying them soon enough.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Zigcat

jimilee

Oh wow, cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

somnif

I've seen the light-ring washer type on Ebay a few times over the last... year? maybe more? (I honestly can't recall exactly). This version looks a bit sturdier and better put together than what I recall, but its the same effect. Too pricey for me at the time, but an interesting effect certainly.

I will admit though, I like the big stomp button. Just this side of ridiculous, would work great for some over-blown one-knob fuzz monstrosity or the like.

somnif

Ok yeah the light rings are a bit cheaper now on ebay, less than 10$ a piece with shipping in the states. Little ring of SMD led's, still require a CLR for function.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ZAgAAOSw2xRYZr3c/s-l500.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~bcAAOSwhvFZNO0r/s-l1600.jpg

jubal81

Be nice if you cold buy just the light rings without the switch.

Also, I'd been meaning to get some of those big buttons. Company called Barefoot Buttons been selling them for $9 each. Ouch

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

somnif

I'm sure you could work up a little breakout board on OSHpark to approximate the ring, the problem is its actually set down into the plastic of the switch itself, so it would take a bit of extra work to get it to look the same.

Willybomb

Man... Those aluminum nuts are going to scratch up my finishes...  They do look great though.

gordo

I kinda like those big-arse stomp caps.  And aluminum nuts?  I've been called much worse.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Manc

I've bought the aluminium caps on ebay from a chinese vendor.
They're pretty cool (I was trying to a chieve the Cornish big-arsed actuator effect).

nzCdog

Oh yeah!  Love those illuminated rings8)

wgc

Quote from: somnif on July 21, 2017, 02:04:40 AM
I'm sure you could work up a little breakout board on OSHpark to approximate the ring, the problem is its actually set down into the plastic of the switch itself, so it would take a bit of extra work to get it to look the same.

I actually started doing just that a month or two ago.

But the thing that's missing is the plastic "light ring".

The hole thru the box afik is a little bigger to let the light thru. So the ring needs to both take up the extra space to hold the switch secure and diffuse the leds.

Probably a $0.30 endevour but I doubt you could buy just the parts.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings