News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Layout for combining 2 effects in one box

Started by youngstownguitar, July 08, 2010, 11:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngstownguitar

I am interested in putting a zombii and a slambox in a single enclosure, kinda like a sunlion but Z.Vex style.
I have built a few pedals but I am not very educated in how everything works.  

Could you post a general layout for combining 2 effects like this in one circuit/enclosure?  Maybe even a layout specific for the zombii and slambox would be great.  

I found this...
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/two_in_one_wiring.pdf
not sure if it would work with those 2 pcbs tho.  Are the Zombii and slambox both negative ground?

Also- do you think these 2 would fit in a 1590BB size enclosure? I dont see why not.

Finally-- How can I add a LED to the Zombii?

Thanks for any info you can provide. Love the PCBs--built a pastyface and I love it.  Sorry for the stupid questions-- I dont know much but I do enjoy building these things

Hyatt

Yeah that'll work fine.  I used that same diagram for a 2 in 1 fuzz box.  Putting 2 effects in one box is pretty simple. Its basically just eliminating the output jack of effect 1 and the input jack of effect 2 - instead of the wires going to the jacks it goes directly to each switch.  Then both effects would share 9v and grounds.   

I know the slambox is negative ground but not sure about the zombii.  i might've read something awhile ago that its a positive ground and thats why it makes the crazy squealing, not sure though cause you would think it would fry people's 1spots.  Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.

1590bb will be be fine and have room to spare.

Andddd led is on the zombii pcb between the drive and stab pots. 

madbean

youngstownguitar