News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

diyguitarpedals update (closing down)

Started by chromesphere, July 30, 2017, 04:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi guys,

I just wanted to update everybody on the status of the DIYGP webstore. 

As you may have noticed you cant place orders through the store at the moment.  The webstore is currently closed.  exactly 1 week ago my boy (James) went to hospital for surgery on his feet.  This was meant to be a simple procedure.  Unfortunately things turned out significantly more complicated and his surgery went from 45mins to 4 hours.  He has been in excruciating pain since, its a roller coaster and even after a week we are still battling to keep him comfortable.   James and i have a very close bond and to see him like this is crushing me to say the least.

So needless to say, the store will be closed until further notice and it will probably stay closed until he is back on his feet again (no time frame for this but ~6 weeks from now).  Tending to James' recovering is my upmost importance.

When the store DOES reopen

...at this point i think there is a good chance i will close it down for good.  I'm still not sure how this will happen (whether it just stays closed and doesn't reopen, closing down sale, leave the store open till stock is depleted etc) but this ordeal has made it certain that I'm ready to move on.  The store takes up every free moment i have, making it difficult to spend as much time with my children as i would like. I would also like to focus on my own fitness and health, these things are impossible with the store in place.  I have a tonne of stock so whatever method, you will probably see me flogging stuff off for some time yet.

More about that once we cross this first bridge (James). 

Wish us luck and thanks for all the well wishes we have received.

Paul
(diyguitarpedals.com.au | DIYGP)
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

matmosphere

Wow man!

That's terrible to here.  Take care of your family, especially your boy. i feel for you man. Having kids who are hurting for any reason is tough, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Too bad about the shop, but we all know family comes first.

jimilee

Wow, as a father, thats' so hard to hear, I hate you're having to go through this, but you're not alone, your friends here on the inside are pulling for you and your son.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Hang in there James!! Paul, I think you're doing the right thing.  I'd hate to see the place get shuttered, but you need to keep everyone (and yourself) healthy and happy.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

flanagan0718

Wow! That is terrible to hear! I hope your son has a speedy recovery. Being a Dad I would drop anything and everything to help my daughter. Best wishes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjg

Having a sick kid is not fun, I hope it all works out for your family.

I'll be sorry to see your store close, but family and health come first. 

oip

sad to hear, best of luck with your son's recovery and it sounds like less stress is a good idea for everyone

bamslam69

Best wishes to James, Paul. I hope he heals quickly. Family comes first.

Also thanks for the help last year with my Berserker Fuzz. Your store was a good place to start this addiction hobby.

diablochris6

Even if it is a difficult choice to make, I think you made the right one. Relative to the health of self and family, guitar pedals are small potatoes. You have my respect and support in your decision, and your son has my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Jules

Really sorry Paul, I didn't realise things were this bad, hope James improves soon.
Have sent you a PM. All the best to your family mate.

Adam_DIY

Good luck Paul I hope James recovers as soon as possible and you can both get back some normalcy. 

Tremster

Oh man, so sorry to hear this. Good luck to you and your son!

Willybomb

Oh man, where am I going to get the best hookup wire in Australia now?

Seriously though, that's rough about your son and family comes first.  Your shop has been great (and very funny to find I wasn't that far away from it when I lived in Melbourne) and I've plugged it at every chance but things change and you do what you need to do.

About that wire though...

zombie_rock123

Really sorry to hear about that man, I hope he's better in no time and that you get to spend more time with him and your family. I loved the shop and owe you a tonne of thanks for all that I've learnt from your youtube videos but bollocks to the noise if it's getting in the way of the important stuff!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

marmaliser

Good luck, seeing your kids in pain is heartbreaking :(