News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Delay Boards

Started by phil esposito, September 02, 2011, 10:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil esposito

I'm not sure if this has been covered or not but I would love to get my hands on some double delay boards.

Any chance of these becoming available?

madbean

Most likely not from me. With the Aquaboy now out of stock, I'm considering revising it to include the dual delay and modulation in one board, although I have not made any final decisions.

timbo_93631

With my AB I could never get rid of the clock noise enough with just one V3205, even after really getting it calibrated pretty well.  I have to use the dual delay board just to get it to where a single mn3005 aqua puss is.  Revising the board to include a second BBD would be a good idea. You have to get a prett tall enclosure to accomodate the add on board like I have.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Scruffie

There's a vero layout floating about for the Double Delay board, that help?

Also in the original files, there was an etchable version, sure someone around can etch you one.

Quote from: madbean on September 03, 2011, 11:18:27 AM
Most likely not from me. With the Aquaboy now out of stock, I'm considering revising it to include the dual delay and modulation in one board, although I have not made any final decisions.

Sounds like a cool plan, although i'd perhaps drop the LED/LDR Combo in favour of another method, seems like there was a lot of confusion about what to use there.

Tell you what would be fun... adding the Bypass system of the Echo Base so we could have an Modulated 550mS Analog delay with Tails  :D
Works at Lectric-FX

gtr2

I've used this vero layout before.

http://www.sabrotone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/DoubleDelay.gif

I actually prefer the led/ldr modulation :D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Scruffie

Quote from: gtr2 on September 03, 2011, 02:15:58 PM

Josh
That's the vero I meant  :)

Prefer it to what? It shouldn't have a 'sound' it's just variable resistance, a FET set up to act as a variable resistor would do the same and be cheaper... plus it would allow the modulation to get in to ring mod speed territory  ;D

LED/LDR LFOs are simple to implement though i'll give them that... and it is already tried and tested on this build.
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

I tend to agree that a transistor driven variable resistor is better here due to space. I also agree that a mashup between the Aquaboy and EchoBase is the way to go. Furthermore, it's already half-way completed so too late to turn back now  ;D

gtr2

Quote from: Scruffie on September 03, 2011, 03:19:51 PM

Josh

Prefer it to what? It shouldn't have a 'sound' it's just variable resistance, a FET set up to act as a variable resistor would do the same and be cheaper... plus it would allow the modulation to get in to ring mod speed territory  ;D

LED/LDR LFOs are simple to implement though i'll give them that... and it is already tried and tested on this build.

It was a bit of a joke...  but I do like watching the pulsing LED  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Scruffie

Quote from: gtr2 on September 03, 2011, 04:27:12 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on September 03, 2011, 03:19:51 PM

Josh

It was a bit of a joke...  but I do like watching the pulsing LED  ;)
Ahh, then we can tap off Pin 1 of the LFO (usually Pin 1 anyway) and have a modulated LED any way.

Plus shouldn't the LED/LDR combo really be in shrink wrap  :P

Quote from: madbean on September 03, 2011, 03:56:56 PM
I tend to agree that a transistor driven variable resistor is better here due to space. I also agree that a mashup between the Aquaboy and EchoBase is the way to go. Furthermore, it's already half-way completed so too late to turn back now  ;D
You're either a mind reader or you work incredibly fast!

Either way... sod Analog 'Voiced' delay with trails, this sounds awesome!  ;D

Wanna make it 3 x 3205s?  :P

Works at Lectric-FX

gtr2

I actually never cover the LED/LDR once it's in the enclosure, only for testing outside the box.  :D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

phil esposito

Quote from: madbean on September 03, 2011, 11:18:27 AM

Darn.... :'(

madbean

It will be a few weeks until I get to finalize this, but the basic design work on the Deluxe Aquaboy is finished. It's got the dual delay, modulation and tails options all on board.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on September 05, 2011, 06:33:05 AM
It will be a few weeks until I get to finalize this, but the basic design work on the Deluxe Aquaboy is finished. It's got the dual delay, modulation and tails options all on board.

Another sweet ass layout, regretting selling my spare 3205s now, not gunna have enough!
Works at Lectric-FX

T_MBaker

This is gonna be soooooo cool!!!

Champion effort again Madbean

bigmufffuzzwizz

Woah! That came together really quick..I haven't started the AB boards i bought due to calibration issues people have mentioned. This new layout looks great!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals