News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vacation F*CK UP

Started by lego4040, August 08, 2017, 06:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lego4040

So I just got back from a well needed Vacation with my family except my eldest daughter. She starts college in fall and couldn't get of work and also needs the money. We went to a family dude ranch in Highland Falls NY and had a blast, I was able to decompress, do fun things with my kids,not say no to everything and I also took my 11 year old daughters bff on the trip so she'd have a pal. My F*CK up is I paid the entire trip off with the wrong bank account 😵 And now I'm - flat broke. Good thing is i get paid Thursday but I'm gonna have to grab some extra OT when I get back😞

alanp

I've paid a few bills twice by mistake -- paid the same day that the company direct debited. Bit of a bugger for the old cashflow, but I took the philosophical view that it meant that I wouldn't have to pay next month's bill.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Good times. I did something similar but on a smaller scale. Glad it will all shake out in the wash, those are priceless memories ultimately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

That's rough, hopefully it doesn't take long to get back on track.

Feel your pain, i wish I got paid at all in the summer. Being a teacher makes summers tight, and my wife's maternity leave earlier this year made this summer really hurt.

nzCdog

Ouch!  Better than vacation on credit card, but bring on payday!

mjg

That's a bummer.  But at least it was a good vacation, it would have really sucked if the vacation was bad too!