News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Super Arcadiator

Started by Freppo, August 09, 2017, 08:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freppo

Today I boxed up the first prototype for the "Super Arcadiator!"   :)

I'm going to put this into production as soon as I have fixed a couple of minor issues.  :)
This will only be avaliable as a fully assembled pedal (sorry guys!).

It's basically very similar to the original Arcadiator, but all the switches has been replaced with arcade buttons.
Two of the arcade buttons actually works like 3-way switches, so all functionality remains.
It even has a new feature of having both octaves at the same time, and an expression jack for the LFO rate.

First time I have dared to talk (mumble) in a video lol.. (from about 2 minutes in)
I hate the sound of my voice and english is not my language, so I struggle to find the words...
My better half actually convinced me to talk about the pedal.

Got me thinking about doing a video blog, talking about my own projects and pedal building in general..

I got 5 prototype boards left that I thought I might offer for madbean forum members, in case any is interested?

Aleph Null

Those arcade buttons are sweet! Any chance of a gut shot?

jimilee

You win teh internetz for today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

Needs a coin slot, but the arcade buttons are very awesome!

Might have gone with "1UP" instead of "OCTUP", but still, this build makes me smile.  Great job!

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Soup39

I'd be interested in a board.  Do you have a link (& wiring guide). To the arcade buttons used?  What would the pcb cost (I'm in the US)

Thanks,
Jon

diablochris6

Very cool concept. I've been meaning to snag an Arcadiator board.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

m-Kresol

cool stuff, Fredrik. I dig the arcade switches. Also, perfect guts!

since you mentioned the switches are momentary, is there some logic chip now processing the switch signal?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Freppo

Quote from: Aleph Null on August 09, 2017, 01:44:02 PM
Those arcade buttons are sweet! Any chance of a gut shot?

Thanks! There's a gut shot in the end of the video. :)

Quote from: jimilee on August 09, 2017, 01:51:55 PM
You win teh internetz for today.
;D

Quote from: EBK on August 09, 2017, 03:23:18 PM
Needs a coin slot, but the arcade buttons are very awesome!

Might have gone with "1UP" instead of "OCTUP", but still, this build makes me smile.  Great job!
Thanks! That's a great idea. I'll change it to 1UP on the production run :)

Quote from: Soup39 on August 09, 2017, 06:04:39 PM
I'd be interested in a board.  Do you have a link (& wiring guide). To the arcade buttons used?  What would the pcb cost (I'm in the US)

Thanks,
Jon
12€ including worldwide shipping. Just PM me and we'll sort it out. :)
Later I'll upload the BOM (wiring is very straight forward), the drilling template I used and link to the Arcade buttons

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 10, 2017, 01:47:10 AM
cool stuff, Fredrik. I dig the arcade switches. Also, perfect guts!

since you mentioned the switches are momentary, is there some logic chip now processing the switch signal?
Thanks!
Yes, there's logic for the momentary switches. I had to add 3 more CMOS chips for that.
I'll post a schematic of the logic switching section when I have time. :)