News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Demo Tape Fuzz

Started by Stomptown, August 15, 2017, 09:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Recently I've been devoting most my personal time to building an amplifier so this is the first pedal I've finished for myself in a while.  It's a Demo Tape Fuzz based on Brian's schematic in the etchers paradise section and it sounds awesome.  Designing for the Bare Box took a bit of extra effort but the build went surprisingly well.  I used Cricut inkjet vinyl sticker paper for the graphic and envirotex for the finish.  The jumpers are a borrowed idea from Leevibe's Phase 45 build (thanks Lee).  The graphic is based off a BASF poster I found on the web, which for copyright reasons I'm guessing used "BASE" in the logo.  Somehow I didn't catch it (face palm) so I guess I unintentionally avoided copyright infringement.  ;D

If anyone for some reason is interested in building one of these, i have the leftover PCBs for sale here:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=26182.0

And here are the pics:

alanp

A "Low Noise" and "High Output" fuzz, eh? :) I remember boxes of BASF brand cassette tapes in Dad's old hi-fi cabinet.

Verra nicely done. Smallbear Bear Box?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

oip

that's a preposterously classy build, amazing job.

i made the scumbag garage version on vero a few weeks ago, a lot of fun, really cool sounding and quite versatile pedal

Stomptown

Quote from: alanp on August 15, 2017, 09:28:00 PM
A "Low Noise" and "High Output" fuzz, eh? :) I remember boxes of BASF brand cassette tapes in Dad's old hi-fi cabinet.

Verra nicely done. Smallbear Bear Box?

Yeah, it's a Bear Box.  It took about 2 years to find the motivation to design something to fit in there.

Philthy

Jouve

Adam_DIY

That's immense I absolutely love it.

jubal81

Spectacular. Top notch in every respect. Those are like the orthopedic shoe of knobs and you even managed to make them look perfect.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Mich P

mrclean77

Very nice build, per usual. The graphic is pretty cool, but those jumpers....Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

m-Kresol

I'll call it now: Build of the year 2017!

Top notch work in every aspect starting from the graphics and exterior execution to the perfect board layout and those sick jumpers!

on a side note: do you think one could manage to put in top mounted jacks with 2 pots?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

flanagan0718

Fantastic Job! I know what you mean about the bare box too. I have two of them and I have absolutely no ambition to use them. Great design.

-Mike-

bcalla

Wow!  That is truly impressive!

jimilee

Mic drop, that's it, I'm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.